Windows 10: How do I fix 'could not download, virus scan failed'?

Discus and support How do I fix 'could not download, virus scan failed'? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-could-not-download-virus-scan-failed/dd0de29c-91e2-429f-9eab-2b8272fb0050 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StephenKAYF., Aug 17, 2021.

1. How do I fix 'could not download, virus scan failed'?

Please help

:)

StephenKAYF., Aug 17, 2021

2. Downloading files - VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Hi Everyone,

I keep getting the message VIRUS SCAN FAILED when I try and download files from all sites on the internet.

However can download Windows Updates.

Any suggestions would be extremely welcomed.

Thank you in advance,

John

JohnKershaw1, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: Couldn't download - virus scan failed message when trying to download a program

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, 'Couldn't download - virus scan failed message' when trying to download a program. I'll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the program that you are trying to download?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Are you able to download any other programs?

I would suggest you to try using a different browser like Microsoft Edge and see if that helps.

If you are receiving this error while using Google Chrome, I would suggest you to refer the section
    "Virus scan failed" or "Virus detected" in the article Fix file download errors
    and see if that helps.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer the article How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I would also recommend you to create a system restore point.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 17, 2021
  4. How do I fix 'could not download, virus scan failed'?

FAILED VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Anytime I try to download something be a document or a program I get an error message: Failed, Virus scan failed. how to fix?

Wendi Sharp, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

How do I fix 'could not download, virus scan failed'?

1. How do I fix 'could not download, virus scan failed'? - Similar Threads - fix 'could download

2. I cant download files because the virus scan failed, how do I fix that.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant download files because the virus scan failed, how do I fix that.: I cant download files because the virus scan failed, how do I fix that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-files-because-the-virus-scan/f2bd78f0-5a54-4da7-8209-485022ce8988
  3. I cant download files because the virus scan failed, how do I fix that.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant download files because the virus scan failed, how do I fix that.: I cant download files because the virus scan failed, how do I fix that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-files-because-the-virus-scan/f2bd78f0-5a54-4da7-8209-485022ce8988
  4. I cant download files because the virus scan failed, how do I fix that.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can't download, virus scan failed, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download, virus scan failed, how do I fix it?: When I try to download a document, I get the message , "virus scan failed"How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-virus-scan-failed-how-do-i-fix-it/c8d61029-1aea-4b31-9022-85463777a639
  6. can't download, virus scan failed, how do I fix it?

can't download, virus scan failed, how do I fix it?: When I try to download a document, I get the message , "virus scan failed"How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-virus-scan-failed-how-do-i-fix-it/c8d61029-1aea-4b31-9022-85463777a639
  7. How do i fix couldn't download virus scan failed error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do i fix couldn't download virus scan failed error: when i was trying to download viber or google chrome canary for developers it keeps saying equity download virus scan failed on my laptop i can download the program on my computer and other others except for my laptop how do you fix this...
  8. How do i fix couldn't download virus scan failed error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix couldn't download virus scan failed error: when i was trying to download viber or google chrome canary for developers it keeps saying equity download virus scan failed on my laptop i can download the program on my computer and other others except for my laptop how do you fix this...
  9. How do i fix couldn't download virus scan failed error

10. Failed download virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failed download virus scan: I am unable to download programs, updates, photos or other items. When I try I get the message: Failed download virus scan. It is a firewall issue, but I can't override it to download necessary updates from any source. I don't know if this is a Microsoft issue, or a Windows...