Windows 10: How do I fix desktop icon rearrange issue?

Discus and support How do I fix desktop icon rearrange issue? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have been having issues with a new computer, running Windows 10. The computer is from HP. This issue only happens with this computer. Whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Plop, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Plop Win User

How do I fix desktop icon rearrange issue?

Hello. I have been having issues with a new computer, running Windows 10. The computer is from HP. This issue only happens with this computer. Whenever I leave files in a specific place on my desktop and restart, the files are rearranged to the left side in alphabetical order. This also happens when I refresh the desktop manually. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you. *Smile

:)

2. Icons keep rearranging windows 10

How do I stop icons on desktop from rearranging on startup?

DianaVincent, Sep 26, 2015
  3. tuvie2 Win User
    desktop icon arrangement

I was able to rearrange desktop icons (windows 10), How do I regain that option?

tuvie2, Sep 26, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

donetao, Sep 26, 2015
  5. Plop Win User
    Thank you for the suggestion, donetao. However, I've already tried that method. It doesn't seem to work. *Sad I've been reading around on the forums and it seems as though this could be an issue with having ESET Smart Security installed. Hopefully, there is an easy fix for this. *Smile

6. donetao Win User
    You are very welcome. I have no knowledge of ESET causing this problem. but I'm a very big fan of ESET security!.
    I hope there is a easy fix. when you find it, please share with the forum! LOL
    I use Super anti spyware to stop that BS on my PC LOL
    SUPERAntiSpyware - Downloads

donetao, Sep 26, 2015
  7. derekimo Win User
    Solved Win10 desktop icons rearranging on boot - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Solved Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving - Page 29 - Windows 10 Forums

derekimo, Sep 26, 2015
  8. donetao Win User

Hi! Very nice! Thank you! And now you know!

donetao, Sep 26, 2015
  9. Plop Win User
    @donetao
    I use SuperAntiSpyware in addition to ESET Smart Security. Both of them get along just fine. *Smile

@derekimo
    I have actually tried the methods provided by Zash and chimera8888. Unfortunately, neither have worked. For chimera8888's registry entries, I needed to take ownership of the computer and it still did not work. *Sad

Edit:
    Scratch that, guys. I seemed to have overlooked the part where I needed to enter Safe Mode first. After doing so, the issue has been fixed! Hopefully, it stays like that. I have started a new thread for a graphics card issue that my computer is having. I will add the link to it here just in case anyone has some advice to add. *Smile

Link:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 crashing computer. What could the issue be? - Windows 10 Forums

Plop, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I fix desktop icon rearrange issue? - Similar Threads - fix desktop icon

2. Fix Desktop Icons keep rearranging 2023

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Desktop Icons keep rearranging 2023: 1 First try these fixes for desktop icons rearranging themselves, one of which has always worked: https://thegeekpage.com/desktop-icons-rearranging-themselves-after-restart-on-windows-10-fix/ https://techcult.com/fix-desktop-icons-keep-rearranging-windows-10/...
  3. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?: I restart explorer.exe, then my desktop/icons look like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-desktopicons-issue/0d95ed22-4040-4d8c-9154-b6e4c626e96f
  4. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?: I restart explorer.exe, then my desktop/icons look like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-desktopicons-issue/0d95ed22-4040-4d8c-9154-b6e4c626e96f
  5. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

6. Desktop Icons rearranging

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons rearranging: I have a user who is using dual monitors and their desktop icons always revert back to the main monitor on restart. I logged in and moved icons around and restarted and everything was where i moved it. So this appears to be user specific. I am assuming their is something that...
  7. rearrange icons on desktop

rearrange icons on desktop: On my Win 10 desktop I can move icons to any part of the grid with a left click-hold and drag. The setting is "Align icons to grid". My wife's Win 10 will not let the icon move at all. What needs to change...
  8. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: when i rearrange position of the icon it will amass icon in 1 point, i have checked align icon to grid but it just like that again,don't know how to fix it[ATTACH] ***Changed title from Error icons***...
  9. Desktop Icon rearrange it's self :(

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon rearrange it's self :(: As the topic said above every time I press F5 to refresh my desktop it rearrange it's self *Sad and I need to re-arrange it again. How can I stop it from doing that *Rolleyes [img] [img] 24524
  10. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: Hello, My desktop icons keep rearranging and windows explorer won't save the position I put them in. I can rearrange them but when I click 'Refresh' or if I restart explorer or if I reboot they rearrange to another setup. This happens in both normal mode and safe mode....