Windows 10: How do I fix error code 0xc000007b when opening the Minecraft Java Edition Launcher

Discus and support How do I fix error code 0xc000007b when opening the Minecraft Java Edition Launcher in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I open Minecraft, I get a message that say, “The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b” How do I make this work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by H Bock, May 6, 2021.

1. H Bock Win User

How do I fix error code 0xc000007b when opening the Minecraft Java Edition Launcher

When I open Minecraft, I get a message that say, “The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b” How do I make this work?

:)

H Bock, May 6, 2021

2. Minecraft Java edition

When I try to play Minecraft Java Edition and press play on the launcher, it appears to start but then it says "Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine. Error: a fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit." Then it brings me back to the launcher
    to say the game crashed with the exit code: 0

Areeb Mirza, May 6, 2021
  3. minecraft windows 10 edition launcher?

im trying to download mods, but forge wont open unless i connect it to a minecraft launcher. i cant find the minecraft launcher however and the only online downloads are for Java. does anyone know where i can download the launcher or how to connect forge
    to the windows edition?

PazelPlayz, May 6, 2021
  4. CJTT# Win User

How do I fix error code 0xc000007b when opening the Minecraft Java Edition Launcher

Setting Microsoft Family app limit on Minecraft Java edition

Time spent using Minecraft Java edition doesn't show up in the list of apps used in Microsoft Family. This means you can't set an app limit on it. Minecraft launcher shows up, but it only says it has been used for 1 minute, whereas i know the game has
    been played for hours. How can parental controls be applied here? It works for Minecraft Windows 10 edition but not Java.

CJTT#, May 6, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I fix error code 0xc000007b when opening the Minecraft Java Edition Launcher - Similar Threads - fix error code

2. Minecraft Launcher cannot install Minecraft java edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Launcher cannot install Minecraft java edition: Hello, so this happened after I tried to reset my computer. The reset couldn’t complete so I decided to leave it as is and when I tried to open Minecraft it kept giving me an error when trying to reinstall. It would often be stuck like in the beginning when trying to install...
  3. Minecraft Launcher cannot install Minecraft java edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher cannot install Minecraft java edition: Hello, so this happened after I tried to reset my computer. The reset couldn’t complete so I decided to leave it as is and when I tried to open Minecraft it kept giving me an error when trying to reinstall. It would often be stuck like in the beginning when trying to install...
  4. Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher: i already try any method in the internet, also on microsoft forum but still can't launch the launcher correctlyplease help me, i try this at laptop with windows 11...
  5. Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher

Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher: i already try any method in the internet, also on microsoft forum but still can't launch the launcher correctlyplease help me, i try this at laptop with windows 11...
  6. I Cant open Minecraft Launcher Java edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Cant open Minecraft Launcher Java edition.: I cannot open Minecraft launcher after I updated my window. I tried to Re-install the game but I still can't open it, tried instruction on yt, and still not working. What should I do to fix this problem?...
  7. When I open my java Minecraft launcher, it does not respond

When I open my java Minecraft launcher, it does not respond: When Minecraft launcher is opened I am greeted with a gray screen and the top of the widow says "Minecraft Launcher not responding" i have tried to uninstall the launcher then proceed to reinstall it, and I have tried to update my graphics driver, but neither option worked,...
  8. Minecraft Launcher and Minecraft Java edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Launcher and Minecraft Java edition: I bought Minecraft Java edition a month or two ago. I got Java edition to play with my cousin since he had that version and it's really fun to play by myself as well. Then I wanted to play with my girlfriend but she played on her phone. So I bought and downloaded the Windows...
  9. Code for Minecraft Java Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Code for Minecraft Java Edition: My problem is that I can't redeem a code because I was never given one and when I go to the Microsoft Store to play RTX it says I have to buy it. I bought this Minecraft in 2014-2015. I have looked and seen other Q&A but I can't exactly solve my problem....
  10. Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher: Hello, I have recently installed the Epic Games Launcher and every time I open it I get a popup with "Application error - The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b". I have tried everything like reinstalling DirectX, reinstalling .NET core, reinstalling Visual...