Windows 10: How do I fix Explorer Context-menu size?

Discus and support How do I fix Explorer Context-menu size? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My Explorer context menu size is out of control. From what I've seen it was designed this way, but it's about the worst interface ever. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MeghanElizondo, Oct 10, 2020.

1. How do I fix Explorer Context-menu size?

Hi, My Explorer context menu size is out of control. From what I've seen it was designed this way, but it's about the worst interface ever. It's occupying valuable real estate. And the menu-scrolling is a subpar solution. Also, why aren't context-menu tasks able to be prioritzed by frequency? People used to take pride in UI Design. That's gone yes, this is a definite complaint.

How can the size of the context menu be corrected, especially maintaining Dark mode? Thanks.

I'm running in Dark mode with a touch pen and Tablet mode is off. Old posts 2015-2017 said it could be fixed in Settings>Display>Advanced Display, but I'm not finding any of the settings mentioned. I also checked Settings>Ease of Access.

My system info:

CsModel : HP ZBook Studio G5

OsName : Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    OsType : WINNT
    OsVersion : 10.0.19041
    OsBuildNumber : 19041
    OsHotFixes : {KB4576945, KB4561600, KB4577266, KB4571756}
    OsSystemDirectory : C:\WINDOWS\system32
    OsCodeSet : 1252
    OsHardwareAbstractionLayer : 10.0.19041.488
    OsArchitecture : 64-bit
    OsLanguage : en-US

This is the literal size. Annoying isn't it?

How do I fix Explorer Context-menu size? 912ed281-e9a9-4c29-9175-0a29ea91aa1b?upload=true.png

:)

MeghanElizondo, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown How do I fix Explorer Context-menu size? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 10, 2020
  4. How do I fix Explorer Context-menu size?

How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

How do I fix Explorer Context-menu size?

1. How do I fix Explorer Context-menu size? - Similar Threads - fix Explorer Context

2. How do I modify the context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I modify the context menu: Greetings,How do I modify the right click context menu?There are so many options it is cluttered.I have tried various solutions, but none seem to work.edit right click menu windows 11 - Google SearchThanks,WV-Mike...
  3. How do I modify the context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I modify the context menu: Greetings,How do I modify the right click context menu?There are so many options it is cluttered.I have tried various solutions, but none seem to work.edit right click menu windows 11 - Google SearchThanks,WV-Mike...
  4. context menu right-click menu is jumbo sized how do you fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    context menu right-click menu is jumbo sized how do you fix: So my cat walked on the keyboard and now my context menu is jumbo sized and i do not know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-right-click-menu-is-jumbo-sized-how/203271e6-69b3-4312-aacf-8c5b31343700
  5. context menu right-click menu is jumbo sized how do you fix

context menu right-click menu is jumbo sized how do you fix: So my cat walked on the keyboard and now my context menu is jumbo sized and i do not know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-right-click-menu-is-jumbo-sized-how/203271e6-69b3-4312-aacf-8c5b31343700
  6. context menu right-click menu is jumbo sized how do you fix

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. how do i fix right click context menu items?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix right click context menu items?: on windows 11 for some reason they are hidden in shift f10 thing, this adds 1 more step to a simple task.how do i fix it to go back to the original efficient way? i cannot find anything to do with this in settings....
  8. how do i fix right click context menu items?

how do i fix right click context menu items?: on windows 11 for some reason they are hidden in shift f10 thing, this adds 1 more step to a simple task.how do i fix it to go back to the original efficient way? i cannot find anything to do with this in settings....
  9. context menu border size to width

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu border size to width: Hi, Is there a way to adjust the context menu border size? What is the default size? My border is too wide i think. [img] 45598
  10. How do I disable the new Explorer taskbar context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable the new Explorer taskbar context menu: Hi, Is there any way to disable that next context menu when clicking on Windows Explorer? It shows a bunch of favorite folders and recent folders. Thanks! 28702