Windows 10: How do I fix File Explorer permissions

Discus and support How do I fix File Explorer permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since I updated my OS this has been happening. It always asks for permission whatever I may do. What should I do to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gian Santander, Aug 20, 2021.

1. How do I fix File Explorer permissions

Ever since I updated my OS this has been happening. It always asks for permission whatever I may do. What should I do to fix this?

:)

Gian Santander, Aug 20, 2021
  2. vinceip Win User

Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, Aug 20, 2021
  3. File mover program other than File Explorer

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the current build installed on the computer?

• Are you the administrator of the account?

• Is the computer connected to a domain?

• Is the issue specific to a particular file type?

• Did you make any changes to the permission settings recently?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to take the full control of the folder or files.

• Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user
      names
      , click your name to see the permissions you have.
    • The permissions for the selected user or group are shown in the lower portion of the properties dialog box.
    • Assign yourself “Full control” permission by checking the box for “Allow” for Full Control and check if you can access the drive.
    If the issue still persists, follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the folder permissions. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 20, 2021
  4. How do I fix File Explorer permissions

Restore Security Permissions

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have cancelled the security permissions while setting it to folders and you are trying to restore back. We will help you.

• Which folder are you trying to set the permissions?
    • What are you referring to " files is affected "?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the file explorer and select the destination folder
      for which you wanted to revert back the permission changes.
    • Right click on the folder. Select the Previous versions
      tab.
    • Select the previous version in the below list and click
      apply
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

How do I fix File Explorer permissions

1. How do I fix File Explorer permissions - Similar Threads - fix File Explorer

2. How do i fix this problem with file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix this problem with file explorer?: My file explorer crashes as soon as i try to open it, any thing related to using file explorer will not work, i cant get access to any of my files but programs and apps workI cant seem to post a video of the problem but as soon as i click it the loading icon on the cursor...
  3. How do i fix this problem with file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix this problem with file explorer?: My file explorer crashes as soon as i try to open it, any thing related to using file explorer will not work, i cant get access to any of my files but programs and apps workI cant seem to post a video of the problem but as soon as i click it the loading icon on the cursor...
  4. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...: So like the question says I changed the file perms for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps so I could add something for an app. I wanted to know where a game of mine was installed but after I knew where it was installed i wanted to change it back but now i dont know what the...
  5. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...: So like the question says I changed the file perms for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps so I could add something for an app. I wanted to know where a game of mine was installed but after I knew where it was installed i wanted to change it back but now i dont know what the...
  6. How do I fix this error in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this error in File Explorer?: While I was grabbing some files, I accidentally moved something to quick access. No when I click on the "Documents" folder, it shows the error message below....
  7. How do I fix this error in File Explorer?

How do I fix this error in File Explorer?: While I was grabbing some files, I accidentally moved something to quick access. No when I click on the "Documents" folder, it shows the error message below....
  8. How do I fix "file Explorer?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "file Explorer?": I have a samsung laptop. It appears they have microsoft products integrated into the operating system. Everything I was saving etc... was being saved to a "one drive" folder. I don't want that. I removed one drive from my laptop and now, when I go to "file explorer" it says...
  9. How do I fix "file Explorer?"

How do I fix "file Explorer?": I have a samsung laptop. It appears they have microsoft products integrated into the operating system. Everything I was saving etc... was being saved to a "one drive" folder. I don't want that. I removed one drive from my laptop and now, when I go to "file explorer" it says...
  10. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...: So like the question says I changed the file perms for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps so I could add something for an app. I was trying to add a folder and then a file inside that new folder which is supposed to be named Formats. I was trying to add this for a compressed folder...