Windows 10: How do I fix icons in position on wallpaper and taskbar?

Discus and support How do I fix icons in position on wallpaper and taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have icons for documents and shortcuts to software on my desktop and taskbar. Occasionally Windows 10.0.18362 'tidies up' for me and I can't find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vagulus, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Vagulus Win User

How do I fix icons in position on wallpaper and taskbar?

I have icons for documents and shortcuts to software on my desktop and taskbar. Occasionally Windows 10.0.18362 'tidies up' for me and I can't find a darn thing! Can I fix things in position I want and not have them move?

:)

Vagulus, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 12, 2019
  3. no battery level icon on the taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1:

Click Notifications and actions. Click Select Which icons appear on the taskbar link.

Turn the switch next to Power icon to On position.

Step 2:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Anusha Verma, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I fix icons in position on wallpaper and taskbar? - Similar Threads - fix icons position

2. how do i ungroup icons on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i ungroup icons on the taskbar?: I absolutely need the functionality of being able to ungroup taskbar icons when i have more than one window open. this OS is basically impossible to use for what i need to use it for....
  3. Desktop icon position fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon position fix: Hello to everyone,I am using Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.My desktop icons often get messed up when I'm operating on my computer.For example, when I copy and paste a file on the desktop, the new file is added to the top left corner. Sometimes I get confused in finding my new...
  4. Desktop icon position fix

Desktop icon position fix: Hello to everyone,I am using Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.My desktop icons often get messed up when I'm operating on my computer.For example, when I copy and paste a file on the desktop, the new file is added to the top left corner. Sometimes I get confused in finding my new...
  5. Windows 10: How do I prevent taskbar icons within a group from changing positions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: How do I prevent taskbar icons within a group from changing positions?: If I open several instances of an app, for example three power point presentations Office 2019 the three icons on the task bar are labelled and grouped together: ppt1-ppt2-ppt3. This is fine and exactly what I want but during work, copying slides from one presentation to...
  6. Windows 10: How do I prevent taskbar icons within a group from changing positions?

Windows 10: How do I prevent taskbar icons within a group from changing positions?: If I open several instances of an app, for example three power point presentations Office 2019 the three icons on the task bar are labelled and grouped together: ppt1-ppt2-ppt3. This is fine and exactly what I want but during work, copying slides from one presentation to...
  7. How do I fix these Icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix these Icons?: Some of the shortcut icons do not match the other icons. I would like to have all my icons to match the ones on the left. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/Sheep_in_wolfs_skin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l68dwh/how_do_i_fix_these_icons/
  8. How do I fix an issue of icons in the taskbar not showing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix an issue of icons in the taskbar not showing?: That blank area has apps that should show. I've restarted the computer a couple of times and it persists. The missing are Sticky Notes, OMEN Command Centre HP, Messenger app, Excel, Word, and Snip & Sketch. The problem persists when I switch to full tabs mode not icons though...
  9. How not to sync taskbar position ?

in Browsers and Email
    How not to sync taskbar position ?: Good morning all, I use my same Microsoft account on my Laptop and SurfaceGo and am also using the sync feature. On the laptop I prefer the taskbar at the bottom (am using a mouse on this device) but on the SurfaceGo I prefer to have it on the right side (I hold the touch...
  10. Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this?: I'm having a weird issue after the last major update where i cannot access the bottom row of icons in the system tray. this is because the pop out menu of the system tray is being rendered from the bottom of the screen instead of from the top of the taskbar. it is being...