Windows 10: How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"?

Discus and support How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did a screen recording with Bandicam and tried to crop the video in the Photos app. However, when I click 'Save as', I get an error message that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CharlieWard1, Jun 23, 2019.

1. How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"?

I did a screen recording with Bandicam and tried to crop the video in the Photos app. However, when I click 'Save as', I get an error message that says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead." I know this is an error with Windows for two reasons:

a) I am the administrator! I have all the privileges.

b) It does not give me the option to save a copy.

I researched this online, and the most plausible explanation was that I have corrupt files and I should run sfc /scannow in administrator command prompt. This is what I did, and it actually found corrupt files and fixed them automatically. But this didn't fix the issue! In fact, the next time I tried it, it froze my entire PC. The screen was 100% frozen, and ctrl alt del didn't even do anything! I had to hold the power button and manually reboot. Please tell me how to fix this issue.

How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"? 054481f8-5427-4760-badb-3bc62175be24?upload=true.png

:)

CharlieWard1, Jun 23, 2019
  2. louhoang Win User

File permissions to delete file

You can try the steps below

1. Right click the file to that you don’t have permission to access. Vlick Properties.
    2. Go to Security tab and select Edit.
    3. Select Add button
    4. Type Everyone then select Check Names. Click OK to save changes.
    5. you will be back in the previous window, under Group or users names, choose Everyone then check mark Full control.
    you can refer more: Fix: You dont currently have permission to access this folder in Windows 10

louhoang, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Scoka Win User
    File permissions to delete file

I appologize for not responding earlier
    Yes, I have steam completely closed
    I have manually tried to edit the security tab
    I had just tried giving access to Everyone and it did not work.

I apologize for taking up so much time

Scoka, Jun 23, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"?

You don't have permissions to save in this folder

Which folder are you trying to save to?

If you aren't using the true administrator there will be certainly places you can't save to, or even access unless you manually change the security permissions to allow yourself access.

newtekie1, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"?

1. How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"? - Similar Threads - fix looks don't

2. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...: I will try my hardest not to swear here. This ought to be the simplest thing in the world: I have a video file on my desktop. I am trying to save a clip from that video file as a separate file. Instead, it's *****ing impossible. Every time I try, I get the same message: "It...
  3. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...: I will try my hardest not to swear here. This ought to be the simplest thing in the world: I have a video file on my desktop. I am trying to save a clip from that video file as a separate file. Instead, it's *****ing impossible. Every time I try, I get the same message: "It...
  4. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "You don't have permission to save changes to this file"

"You don't have permission to save changes to this file": I'm the only one using this desktop, with only one user account. I have tried almost everything, under properties I have ensured that all admin/users have full control. I have run sfc /scannow. But it's still not working... All I want to do is trim my videos :- please help...
  6. Windows Photos - "It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Photos - "It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file.": Hello everyone, I've had this issue every time I have reinstalled windows (for cleaning/faulty driver reasons). It appears to be impossible to save a trimmed version of a video when using Windows Photos, and I have yet to find what allows you to. It would always fix itself...
  7. "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving...: whenever i have a clip that i made from a game and i try to trim it, it gives me an error message saying "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving a copy instead.'' i am the only user on the device and i find it quite odd that...
  8. You do not have permission to save changes to this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You do not have permission to save changes to this file: Hi, I have been using my widows 10 photos app to trim videos for the last month. Yesterday I tried to do the same and I got the error message "you do not have permission to save changes to this file" when I tried to save as a copy following the trim. How can I get this...
  9. Message -- It looks like yon't have permission to save changes to this file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message -- It looks like yon't have permission to save changes to this file: I get the message in this subject line when trying to trim a video using the photo app's Movies & TV. Mine is a HP laptop using Windows 10. The videos that I'm trying to trim were converted to mp4 from dvds using the VLC app. Home movies-- no copyright protections. I...
  10. Error message "it looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"

Error message "it looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file": I subscribe to MS365 and use OneDrive so that I can create and save files across my laptop and desktop...I am the only user. I am getting the error while trying to edit and then save a JPG file that I created from a screenshot and saved to a local ONEDrive folder that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. it looks like you dont have permission to save changes to this file

2. it looks like you dont have permission to view this file

3. it looks like you dont have permission to

4. it looks as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file,
  5. windows 10 It looks like you dont have permission to save changes to this file,
  6. it looks as though you dont have permission,
  7. looks like you dont have permission,
  8. you dont have permission to save changes to this file try to copy it,
  9. windows 10 photos it looks like you dont have permission to save changes to this file,
  10. error: it looks as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file,
  11. it looks like you dont have permission to edit this file,
  12. its look like you dont have permission to save changes,
  13. photos it looks like you dont have permissions to save changes to this file,
  14. you dont have permission to alter,
  15. it looks like you dont have permission to save