Windows 10: How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes

Discus and support How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Copying .zip folders that have a pdf in theme causes File Explorer to crash, but will work fine after it has crashed once. Seems completely random and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel Leadbeatter, Aug 17, 2022.

1. How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes

Copying .zip folders that have a pdf in theme causes File Explorer to crash, but will work fine after it has crashed once. Seems completely random and is hard to pin down. Any help would be appreciatedHere is the error message in Event ViewerFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1706, time stamp: 0x5dbc9541Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1706, time stamp: 0x458acb5bException code: 0xe06d7363Fault offset: 0x0000000000034fd9Faulting process id: 0x59e0Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b02a5f0a958cFaulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.

:)

Daniel Leadbeatter, Aug 17, 2022
  2. vinceip Win User

Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, Aug 17, 2022
  3. tiggeroz Win User
    Internet Explorer Crashing

Hi - I seem to have this issue but am not quite as smart as you so am not sure how to apply your fix :-(... could you please provide an idiot's guide / step by step explanation? Thanks a million.

tiggeroz, Aug 17, 2022
  4. johnhotzl Win User

How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes

Errors: flash dll, breakpoint 80000003/ kernelbase dll after installing Windows 10

i installed window 10 a while ago & my incredimail stoped working 9error report; flash dll

breakpoint 80000003/ kernelbase dll

maybe it has something to do with updates\

looking forward hearing from you

thanks john

Original title: hotzl

johnhotzl, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes

1. How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes - Similar Threads - fix Kernelbase dll

2. How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes: Each time I try to open the file explorer it crashes. I opened Windows events and it seems it comes from a DLL called Kernelbase.dllI've doneDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth one andSFC...
  3. How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes: Each time I try to open the file explorer it crashes. I opened Windows events and it seems it comes from a DLL called Kernelbase.dllI've doneDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth one andSFC...
  4. How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do i fix dll events?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix dll events?: After several weeks of gaming happily on my new rig i7 13700k 3400Mhz 3080 12gb ASRock Z690 Extreme i decided to get back in to Elden Ring, League of Legends and Civ 6. Civ has been flawless, however League has been plaguing me with sudden reboot crashing, and crashing to...
  6. How do i fix dll events?

How do i fix dll events?: After several weeks of gaming happily on my new rig i7 13700k 3400Mhz 3080 12gb ASRock Z690 Extreme i decided to get back in to Elden Ring, League of Legends and Civ 6. Civ has been flawless, however League has been plaguing me with sudden reboot crashing, and crashing to...
  7. how do i fix this dll error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix this dll error?: I have no idea on what to install to fix itor how to reinstall whatever program this is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-dll-error/0ce52dc6-f158-40ac-badd-dfb964843b45
  8. how do i fix this dll error?

how do i fix this dll error?: I have no idea on what to install to fix itor how to reinstall whatever program this is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-dll-error/0ce52dc6-f158-40ac-badd-dfb964843b45
  9. How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes: Copying .zip folders that have a pdf in theme causes File Explorer to crash, but will work fine after it has crashed once. Seems completely random and is hard to pin down. Any help would be appreciatedHere is the error message in Event ViewerFaulting application name:...
  10. How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix Kernelbase.dll explorer crashes: Copying .zip folders that have a pdf in theme causes File Explorer to crash, but will work fine after it has crashed once. Seems completely random and is hard to pin down. Any help would be appreciatedHere is the error message in Event ViewerFaulting application name:...