Windows 10: How do I fix kmode_exception_not_handled issues?

Discus and support How do I fix kmode_exception_not_handled issues? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I've recently begun running into kmode_exception_not_handled and system_thread_exception_not_handled BSOD issues. The BSOD codes are never followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kacbarnes, Apr 4, 2020.

1. kacbarnes Win User

How do I fix kmode_exception_not_handled issues?

So, I've recently begun running into kmode_exception_not_handled and system_thread_exception_not_handled BSOD issues. The BSOD codes are never followed by the offending program or driver names, even after I have run driver verifier all I get is the driver violation error code and am not given the offending driver. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to determine what the offending driver is or what applications have been causing the crash issues whether background or foreground. What I do know, however, is that these BSODs have been relatively frequent outside of when I'm gaming and has only really occurred while I'm doing light workloads like browsing chrome or listening to music. In an effort to possibly save you some time, I've taken a look at the dump files and many of read DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT PROCESS_NAME: System. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I prefer to use this desktop instead of my surface. Thanks in advance for your help and I will be checking this daily to make sure that I can give you anything you need to help me out. I've outlined my system build and provided a google drive link that contains the Zip folder of my 3 most recent dump files as of posting this question all three are from within an hour and a half of writing this along with my system info file. Again thanks in advance and let me know what you need from me to get this fixed!

System Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x 3.8ghz currently allowed to auto OC

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Ftw 8gb

Mobo: Gigabyte Ax-370 Gaming K5 rev 1.0

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 2x8 3200mhz currently running at 2133mhz

Storage: WD Black SN750 1tb NVMe - Gen3 PCIe

Link to DMP and System Info Files: BSOD Info

:)

kacbarnes, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 4, 2020
  3. LeCranque Win User
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hi,

Since I would really like to know what the problem is I decided to do your suggested solutions one step at a time.

I started installing the killer driver but then I suffered another BSOD.

So I will continue doing the next and so on.

I'll let you know if any of the steps solve my issue.

Thanks a lot.

LeCranque, Apr 4, 2020
  4. guarizapo Win User

BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

Today I was playing left 4 dead 2 and suddenly got a BSOD with the following message: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.
    I immediately used dm_log_collector hoping it would help resolve the issue.
    I had a previous BSOD long time ago but it was different and never had it again and for that they suggested to run memtest but I haven't had the time.
    Also my PC used to reboot itself but it turned out it was an issue with my mains power (it is already fixed and it hasn't happened again).
    edit: Could it be a RAM issue?

guarizapo, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I fix kmode_exception_not_handled issues? - Similar Threads - fix kmode_exception_not_handled issues

2. How do I fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix this issue?: Whenever I normally use my laptop I connect it to the power supply and connect an HDMI to a TV that I use as my monitor. I always project to the second screen only when I use it for work or games but suddenly today when I load a game on steam the game is zoomed out and...
  3. How to fix KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED?: Built a new computer, installed all drivers and software for components and devices. Every now and then I get a blue screen reading "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"...
  4. How to fix KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED?

How to fix KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED?: Built a new computer, installed all drivers and software for components and devices. Every now and then I get a blue screen reading "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"...
  5. How do i fix this issue?

How do i fix this issue?: RadeonSoftware.exe - Application Error X The exception unknown software exception 0xe0000008 occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFE7563CF19. when i open a game it just doenst open or displays this error. Any idea on how i can fix it?...
  6. How do I fix this issue,

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix this issue,: How do I fix this issue please?Your message couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System DNS reported that the recipient's domain does not exist. Contact the recipient by some other means by phone, for example and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their...
  7. how do i fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix this issue?: my pc was recently repaired, but now it is very slow and is not able to run the games it used to be able to run properly, i cannot run games such as roblox or minecraft and many more. it has suddenly become very slow and it crashes...
  8. how do i fix this issue?

how do i fix this issue?: my pc was recently repaired, but now it is very slow and is not able to run the games it used to be able to run properly, i cannot run games such as roblox or minecraft and many more. it has suddenly become very slow and it crashes...
  9. How do I fix KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED?: My pc, after a reboot does give me this error code. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-kmodeexceptionnothandled/17b33bf8-3d8f-40cb-a3d4-20ecbd5516dc
  10. How do I fix KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED start up error?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED start up error?: I keep getting that message every time I use my PC it started doing it a couple of days ago. I’ve tried resetting it twice and I’ve tried updating my drivers. I really need some help with this as I can’t use my pc because it does this every 5-10 mins. Please help. submitted...