Windows 10: How do I fix manual detect not working in "Display Settings"?

Discus and support How do I fix manual detect not working in "Display Settings"? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Using a laptop, I have 2 graphic cards Intel and NVIDIA. For some reason, the laptopuses the Intel Graphics card by default for multiple monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MusicIncorporated, Jun 12, 2020.

1. How do I fix manual detect not working in "Display Settings"?

Using a laptop, I have 2 graphic cards Intel and NVIDIA. For some reason, the laptopuses the Intel Graphics card by default for multiple monitors because of the Intel chipset for the MBoard, my educated guess. The project is set for the"Extended" display. Both the built-in and 2nd monitors are automatically detected. So, I can see that the desktop is extended to my 2nd monitor LGTV. When I click detect in"display settings" I get a "Didn't detect another display." message.

Obviously, the monitor is detected automatically and both monitors can be identified you can see below:

How do I fix manual detect not working in "Display Settings"? [​IMG]

What is causing the issue of manual detection not working? Is it possible to switch multi-monitor function to the NVIDIA card? Thanks in advance

:)

MusicIncorporated, Jun 12, 2020

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Every time after restarting manually need to set Proxy setting in order to access the internet & windows store

Hi Kalyan,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Which browser are you using?

If you are using IE, please follow these steps to set automatically detect settings for proxy.

a. Start Internet Explorer.

b. Click
    Internet Options on the Tools menu.

Note: If the Tools menu is not displayed, press
    ALT to display the Tools menu.

c. Click the
    Connection tab, and then click on LAN settings.

d. Check the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” check box.

e. Select and check "Automatically detect settings" under "Automatic Configuration"

f. After above step try opening website and check if the issue persists.

The issue you are facing with windows update, I suggest you to try the steps below.

Method 1: Run the Windows update Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type
      troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click
      Fix problems with Windows Updates.

Method 2:

If doesn't work, I would suggest you to manually reset Windows Update components and check if it works.

Refer to Manually reset Windows Update components from the link below:

Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment

Note: Also works on Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 12, 2020
  4. How do I fix manual detect not working in "Display Settings"?

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

How do I fix manual detect not working in "Display Settings"?

1. How do I fix manual detect not working in "Display Settings"? - Similar Threads - fix manual detect

2. Text and Display not working for QAS Application. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text and Display not working for QAS Application. How do I fix this?: Hello MS Community, I'm a Tech Service Engineer, and I'm trying to fix a display issue with one of our client's applications. We push and install software on multiple Windows 10 devices; however, we've encountered an error with our QAS application. While installing the app,...
  3. Text and Display not working for QAS Application. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text and Display not working for QAS Application. How do I fix this?: Hello MS Community, I'm a Tech Service Engineer, and I'm trying to fix a display issue with one of our client's applications. We push and install software on multiple Windows 10 devices; however, we've encountered an error with our QAS application. While installing the app,...
  4. Text and Display not working for QAS Application. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do i fix my program search and settings not working

How do i fix my program search and settings not working: i need help fixing the search like when you press the windows key then type and settings app. whenever i try to search something it just doesnt work and when i try to use settings i can use the first menu like when you open it but after that it freezes. i've tried everything...
  6. How do I fix my settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my settings?: Whenever I hold down a key it doesn't spam, it types one character and stops. I'm not sure how to fix it and it's frustrating having to click the same key over and over again. I've looked through all the settings I thought were relevant to the issue, I even tried searching...
  7. How do I fix this display issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this display issue: I’m having an issue where my pc randomly cuts the signal to my monitors, I’m using a display cable on one and an hdmi on the other. It went from randomly showing no signal while playing games to showing nothing but a few blue lines upon startup. I’ve done plenty of...
  8. How do I fix this display issue

How do I fix this display issue: I’m having an issue where my pc randomly cuts the signal to my monitors, I’m using a display cable on one and an hdmi on the other. It went from randomly showing no signal while playing games to showing nothing but a few blue lines upon startup. I’ve done plenty of...
  9. The resolution of my external display is set to 640 x 480. How do I manually configure it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The resolution of my external display is set to 640 x 480. How do I manually configure it...: It is an ASUS Model VS228 version VS228H-P display. It has displayed correctly before, I'm not sure what caused the change. I am making the changes on a Gateway GWNR71517-BL running an up to date version of Windows 11 Home edition. The day I noticed this effect I had updated...
  10. The resolution of my external display is set to 640 x 480. How do I manually configure it...

The resolution of my external display is set to 640 x 480. How do I manually configure it...: It is an ASUS Model VS228 version VS228H-P display. It has displayed correctly before, I'm not sure what caused the change. I am making the changes on a Gateway GWNR71517-BL running an up to date version of Windows 11 Home edition. The day I noticed this effect I had updated...