Windows 10: how do i fix my double monitor issue?

Discus and support how do i fix my double monitor issue? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just changed my primary monitor to my second, however my display settings show up on the second so i cant seem to scroll across to change them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacob Sully, Apr 3, 2023.

1. how do i fix my double monitor issue?

I have just changed my primary monitor to my second, however my display settings show up on the second so i cant seem to scroll across to change them. i am stuck within a monitor which every application i click, it goes to my second which is inaccessible. when i changed the primary a pop up said something about taskbars so i reset both of them, i still don’t know if they had anything to do with the issue.

:)

Jacob Sully, Apr 3, 2023

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 3, 2023
  3. Dell XPS 15.6 Monitor issues

Hi,

Monitors may not work as expected if the driver is not up-to-date. With this said, we suggest that you check if you have the latest drivers installed. In addition, we would like to ask some questions that may help us to isolate the issue.

• Does the external monitor work with your laptop before?
    • Have you tried to connect the external monitor to your desktop?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Apr 3, 2023
  4. how do i fix my double monitor issue?

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Apr 3, 2023
Thema:

how do i fix my double monitor issue?

1. how do i fix my double monitor issue? - Similar Threads - fix double monitor

2. How do i fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix this issue?: RadeonSoftware.exe - Application Error X The exception unknown software exception 0xe0000008 occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFE7563CF19. when i open a game it just doenst open or displays this error. Any idea on how i can fix it?...
  3. How to I fix my monitor display issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to I fix my monitor display issue?: I have been having troubles with my monitors recently. I have 2 monitors and when I power on my PC they don't show anything at all. However if I turn off the PC and unplug them and plug in just one, then power it back on it sometimes works. Then as soon as I turn it off...
  4. How to I fix my monitor display issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I fix my monitor display issue?: I have been having troubles with my monitors recently. I have 2 monitors and when I power on my PC they don't show anything at all. However if I turn off the PC and unplug them and plug in just one, then power it back on it sometimes works. Then as soon as I turn it off...
  5. How to I fix my monitor display issue?

6. how do i fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix this issue?: my pc was recently repaired, but now it is very slow and is not able to run the games it used to be able to run properly, i cannot run games such as roblox or minecraft and many more. it has suddenly become very slow and it crashes...
  7. how do i fix this issue?

how do i fix this issue?: my pc was recently repaired, but now it is very slow and is not able to run the games it used to be able to run properly, i cannot run games such as roblox or minecraft and many more. it has suddenly become very slow and it crashes...
  8. how do i fix my double monitor issue?

how do i fix my double monitor issue?: I have just changed my primary monitor to my second, however my display settings show up on the second so i cant seem to scroll across to change them. i am stuck within a monitor which every application i click, it goes to my second which is inaccessible. when i changed the...
  9. Double Monitor issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Double Monitor issues: Hi, My OS is windows 10 and PC architecture is attached in the photo. Due to my partner job and my online education, it is kinda of neccessary to work with two monitors. The problem is when I turn on PC or click to sleep the second monitor does not wake up and it shows:...
  10. How do I fix my issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix my issue?: I updated my computer there is a issue with my keyboard where whenever I press on key it produces multiple copies of the same letter. For example if I press the key a it will either produce 'aa' or 'aaa' just with one press. My question is how do i fix this? I've tried...