Windows 10: How do I fix my Ethernet Connection?

Discus and support How do I fix my Ethernet Connection? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I just recently had this problem since it never happened to me before. I got home from work and was getting ready to play some videogames and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert Garcia7, Nov 6, 2023.

1. How do I fix my Ethernet Connection?

So I just recently had this problem since it never happened to me before. I got home from work and was getting ready to play some videogames and realized I was connected to my Wi-Fi instead of my ethernet connection. I have restarted my router and it didn't fix the issue. I've used network troubleshooter and it said my Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration. I've looked up videos and tried their updating drivers, rolling back drivers, uninstalling them, I've tried using manual IP addresses through ethernet properties on the control panel but they didn't work, I've tried using the IP co

:)

Robert Garcia7, Nov 6, 2023

2. My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Nov 6, 2023
  3. Cell and Ethernet connection

Hi Darren,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device prior to this issue?
    3. What is the make and model number of the computer?

You may try the below suggested steps to fix the issue.

1. Click on Start, Type in Control Panel and look for Network & Sharing Center.
    2. Click on ‘Change adapter settings’ on the left pane.
    3. You will be able to see the list of networks available.
    4. Click on Advanced menu and select ‘Advanced Settings’.
    5. You will be able to see the different types of connections under advanced settings Window.
    6. Select Ethernet and use the arrows at the right side in the current Window in order to reorder the connections.
    7. Click on OK and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 6, 2023
  4. MarcoArik Win User

How do I fix my Ethernet Connection?

How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Nov 6, 2023
Thema:

How do I fix my Ethernet Connection?

1. How do I fix my Ethernet Connection? - Similar Threads - fix Ethernet Connection

2. How do I fix my ethernet connection? It reaches a maximum of 9mbps only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix my ethernet connection? It reaches a maximum of 9mbps only: I built my new PC recently and I've been relying on ethernet ever since. Recently, my PC hasn't been reaching its average connection speed of 360mbps. It has only been reaching a maximum of 9mbps. I've tried flushing the DNS, changing the speed and duplex to 1gb yet nothing...
  3. How do I reset my Ethernet Drivers? Or fix the connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset my Ethernet Drivers? Or fix the connection?: For context:Last night I changed my Ethernet cable from my PC to my Xbox. So wired connection pulled out of my PC to placed into my Xbox. It was working fine for my Xbox and giving me the speeds I needed. Come to this morning and I change the cord back over to my PC and now...
  4. How do I reset my Ethernet Drivers? Or fix the connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my Ethernet Drivers? Or fix the connection?: For context:Last night I changed my Ethernet cable from my PC to my Xbox. So wired connection pulled out of my PC to placed into my Xbox. It was working fine for my Xbox and giving me the speeds I needed. Come to this morning and I change the cord back over to my PC and now...
  5. How do I reset my Ethernet Drivers? Or fix the connection?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. My PC is unable to recognize the Ethernet connection. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is unable to recognize the Ethernet connection. How do I fix it?: Hello, I already looked for help everywhere, reinstalled all my drivers, reinstalled windows, restarted my internet router, I turned it off for 2 minutes, then on again, I even updated the BIOS, but still...Whatever I do I can't fix this problem, I replaced my Ethernet cable...
  7. My PC is unable to recognize the Ethernet connection. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is unable to recognize the Ethernet connection. How do I fix it?: Hello, I already looked for help everywhere, reinstalled all my drivers, reinstalled windows, restarted my internet router, I turned it off for 2 minutes, then on again, I even updated the BIOS, but still...Whatever I do I can't fix this problem, I replaced my Ethernet cable...
  8. My PC is unable to recognize the Ethernet connection. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How do I fix my Ethernet Connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my Ethernet Connection?: So I just recently had this problem since it never happened to me before. I got home from work and was getting ready to play some videogames and realized I was connected to my Wi-Fi instead of my ethernet connection. I have restarted my router and it didn't fix the issue....
  10. How do I fix my Ethernet Connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix my Ethernet Connection?: So I just recently had this problem since it never happened to me before. I got home from work and was getting ready to play some videogames and realized I was connected to my Wi-Fi instead of my ethernet connection. I have restarted my router and it didn't fix the issue....