Windows 10: How do I fix my partitions ???

Discus and support How do I fix my partitions ??? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrackingTheKraken [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdofj8/how_do_i_fix_my_partitions/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CrackingTheKraken, Oct 18, 2020 at 5:17 PM.

1. How do I fix my partitions ???

/u/CrackingTheKraken, Oct 18, 2020 at 5:17 PM
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

How do I fix my partitions ??? partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Oct 18, 2020 at 5:28 PM
  4. How do I fix my partitions ???

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Thema:

How do I fix my partitions ???

1. How do I fix my partitions ??? - Similar Threads - fix partitions

2. Can't start computer due to corrupt partition stuck fixing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't start computer due to corrupt partition stuck fixing: In my Windows 10 PC, my main drive has two partitions: a C: partition, which is OK, not dirty with all my data and the OS and an E: partition which is a backup partition. Which is dirty. Every time I try to start Windows 10, it lets me skip the disk check after a few...
  3. trying to follow instructions to fix 'can't update system partition error' stuck on failed step

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to follow instructions to fix 'can't update system partition error' stuck on failed step: I am attempting to update windows 10 and am getting the 'can't update system partition error' I have determined i have MBR style so I was following the instructions for that from this post and am stuck on step 10 which is highlighted in blue below. It says, make sure none...
  4. Windows 10 partition blue screen on dual boot windows 10/ubuntu 20.04, how do I fix the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 partition blue screen on dual boot windows 10/ubuntu 20.04, how do I fix the...: I have an Inland Premium 256GB NVME M.2 PCIE 3.0 x4 SSD that is installed in the M2B socket on my Aorus B450 Elite mb. I have used this drive for the os only and have a separate D: drive for storage. Recently I was using a third ssd evo 860 for work, but instead of...
  5. EFI Partition format failed (trying to fix boot issue)

EFI Partition format failed (trying to fix boot issue): So system crashed/blue screened while playing a game. After restart it just blue screens, can't even get to safe mode. So After some googling I guess the boot partition got corrupted. (Drive is GPT) So while following this guide: https://youtu.be/l_I4K2-Rr_Y I get to the...
  6. All files got corrupted during merging of two partitions!! What to do - for fixing it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files got corrupted during merging of two partitions!! What to do - for fixing it?: I had two partitions D: and E: drives. I took a backup of E: drive and formatted it, then unallocated in the windows disk management. [ATTACH] Then in the D: drive in the disk management, I gave extend volume and merged drive E: to drive D:. The merging happened...
  7. Microsoft appears to have fixed the Recovery Partition hell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft appears to have fixed the Recovery Partition hell in Windows 10: Windows 10 users who perform a fresh install of the operating system won't run into issues related to the creation of Recovery Partitions on the operating system anymore starting Windows 10 version 2004 according to reports. The Recovery Partition is an essential part of the...
  8. How to fix the "system reserved partition" on windows update

How to fix the "system reserved partition" on windows update: I migrated my windows 10 os from my old hdd to a new ssd and when I tried to update my pc to the may 2020 update, the update assistant keeps saying "We couldn't update system reserved partition" and I can't proceed the update, what should I do? submitted by /u/tzuienami...
  9. Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown. How to fix it?

Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown. How to fix it?: [ATTACH] Greetings, Some few days ago, my Windows 10 Tablet/PC suddenly displayed a "locking" blue screen and shut down right after. I believe this happened because the battery was low. Since them, when I turn on the PC, what I an EFI boot screen. This is not the first...
  10. Cloned drive, need to create recovery partition to fix windows.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloned drive, need to create recovery partition to fix windows.: Hello all. I've been attempting to deal with this issue for a while now. About two months ago I cloned my entire drive from a 500GB disk to a 1TB disk. The cloning process broke the boot record I believe, and that had to be fixed using a bootable windows 10 usb and the...