Windows 10: How do I fix my search not working at all?

Discus and support How do I fix my search not working at all? in Cortana to solve the problem; Up until a few days ago, the basic search bar and the search in file explorer have been working perfectly. However since yesterday I have been unable... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Dstails.., May 2, 2020.

1. Dstails.. Win User

How do I fix my search not working at all?

Up until a few days ago, the basic search bar and the search in file explorer have been working perfectly. However since yesterday I have been unable to use the search bar in the start menu as well as the file explorer. I have tried resetting the search box, and using powershell to re-register cortana. Nothing I have tried has worked so far.

Is there anything I can do about this?

:)

Dstails.., May 2, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 2, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 2, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I fix my search not working at all? - Similar Threads - fix search working

2. How do i fix my program search and settings not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i fix my program search and settings not working: i need help fixing the search like when you press the windows key then type and settings app. whenever i try to search something it just doesnt work and when i try to use settings i can use the first menu like when you open it but after that it freezes. i've tried everything...
  3. How do i fix my program search and settings not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my program search and settings not working: i need help fixing the search like when you press the windows key then type and settings app. whenever i try to search something it just doesnt work and when i try to use settings i can use the first menu like when you open it but after that it freezes. i've tried everything...
  4. How do i fix my program search and settings not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Mouse Touchpad Stopped Working All Of A Sudden. How Do I Fix This?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Mouse Touchpad Stopped Working All Of A Sudden. How Do I Fix This?: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000. Last night, my mouse touchpad stopped working suddenly, seemingly for no reason whatsoever.I must have pressed a button to disable it by accident, but the solutions on Google are not helping me much. I've tried the FN + F1-12 solution, but that...
  6. My Mouse Touchpad Stopped Working All Of A Sudden. How Do I Fix This?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Mouse Touchpad Stopped Working All Of A Sudden. How Do I Fix This?: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000. Last night, my mouse touchpad stopped working suddenly, seemingly for no reason whatsoever.I must have pressed a button to disable it by accident, but the solutions on Google are not helping me much. I've tried the FN + F1-12 solution, but that...
  7. My Mouse Touchpad Stopped Working All Of A Sudden. How Do I Fix This?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Search Bar not working how do i fix?

in Cortana
    Search Bar not working how do i fix?: when i click on the search bar and type something, only an empty box shows up. I've tried rebooting but the problem still persists. How do i fix this issue?...
  9. my photos are all distorted. how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my photos are all distorted. how do i fix this?: My photos are all distorted. The recommended DISPLAY resolution is grayed out. Can someone help me correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photos-are-all-distorted-how-do-i-fix-this/34b2c7c8-2522-45ec-aae0-71b0e2c32838
  10. How do I fix the search box and saved searches?

in Cortana
    How do I fix the search box and saved searches?: Hi, I have a laptop running Windows 10 and went on it today to sort some photos out and do some work. I have a saved search for JPG files which I use to find all my photos. When I clicked on it today though it first said 'no items match your search' (I have a lot of photos)...