Windows 10: How do I fix my sound output?

Discus and support How do I fix my sound output? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today, I updated my computer and when I turned it back on, there was an x on the bottom right of my speaker symbol in the task bar. My sound no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rhiannon raee, Feb 6, 2023.

1. How do I fix my sound output?

Today, I updated my computer and when I turned it back on, there was an x on the bottom right of my speaker symbol in the task bar. My sound no longer works through my laptop speakers OR my own wire headphones. I checked all the sound settings on my computer and ran troubleshoot, it said that output isn't plugged in which is false. I went on control panel and when I clicked sound it also said 'NVIDIA high definition audio not plugged in" I don't know how to plug in my speakers when they were always just on??? Also I noticed realtek audio is no longer on my laptop. I deleted and then re-install

:)

Rhiannon raee, Feb 6, 2023

2. Windows 10 audio stutters regardless of driver or output used, more noticeable on the toslink and surround sound.

• What device are you using? A laptop or a computer?
    • Its a desktop, i listed the components in the original post.
    • Do you have an external speaker?From which device does the sound come out from? From the TV or from the device?
    • I listed the outputs in the original post. The issue exists on all outputs and exists on the tv speakers, surround sound speakers, and headset.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • I have listed the troubleshooting steps that i can remember in the original post.

robert.r.hood, Feb 6, 2023
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How do I fix my sound output? :p

cadaveca, Feb 6, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do I fix my sound output?

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

How do I fix my sound output?

1. How do I fix my sound output? - Similar Threads - fix sound output

2. How Do I Fix My Audio Output Device or Internal Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Fix My Audio Output Device or Internal Sound: So I go on my computer and notice that there is a big red X right beside the Audio/Volume icon in the taskbar. When I plug in my wired headphones, I can't hear anything that's playing sound off of it. So I troubleshoot it and it says there is no audio output device that is...
  3. How Do I Fix My Audio Output Device or Internal Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Fix My Audio Output Device or Internal Sound: So I go on my computer and notice that there is a big red X right beside the Audio/Volume icon in the taskbar. When I plug in my wired headphones, I can't hear anything that's playing sound off of it. So I troubleshoot it and it says there is no audio output device that is...
  4. How do I fix my sound output?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my sound output?: Today, I updated my computer and when I turned it back on, there was an x on the bottom right of my speaker symbol in the task bar. My sound no longer works through my laptop speakers OR my own wire headphones. I checked all the sound settings on my computer and ran...
  5. How do I fix my sound output?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix my sound output?: Today, I updated my computer and when I turned it back on, there was an x on the bottom right of my speaker symbol in the task bar. My sound no longer works through my laptop speakers OR my own wire headphones. I checked all the sound settings on my computer and ran...
  6. How do I change the pitch of the sound output?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the pitch of the sound output?: I want to change the pitch of audio that gets streamed from YouTube Music on my Windows 10 Surface Pro tablet. Is there a way to accomplish this via the Windows 10 operating system? As in, can you change the pitch of any outputed Windows sound, which would invariably include...
  7. How do I change the pitch of the sound output?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the pitch of the sound output?: I want to change the pitch of audio that gets streamed from YouTube Music on my Windows 10 Surface Pro tablet. Is there a way to accomplish this via the Windows 10 operating system? As in, can you change the pitch of any outputed Windows sound, which would invariably include...
  8. How do I change the pitch of the sound output?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How do I get a 5.1 sound output?

How do I get a 5.1 sound output?: I cant find any answers on how to get a 5.1 sound output. All speakers test as working but everything plays in stereo. The same file plays 5.1 on my TV, and on my Yamaha amp. Why wont Microsoft answer instead of all the jargon and gobbledygook. I agree with everyone that it...
  10. How do I fix my sound

How do I fix my sound: Earlier today I was playing my usual online game when suddenly the sound stopped working. It had been working just fine earlier and I hadn't changed anything except maybe updating Adobe Flash. After a while the sound suddenly came back and then it disappeared and hasn't...