Windows 10: How do I fix my sound

Discus and support How do I fix my sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Earlier today I was playing my usual online game when suddenly the sound stopped working. It had been working just fine earlier and I hadn't changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HalpPK, Oct 21, 2015.

1. HalpPK Win User

How do I fix my sound

Earlier today I was playing my usual online game when suddenly the sound stopped working. It had been working just fine earlier and I hadn't changed anything except maybe updating Adobe Flash. After a while the sound suddenly came back and then it disappeared and hasn't returned. I've been looking through all the Device Manager and Sound Control, but nothing seems to be helping. When I slide the sliders in the volume mixer Speakers/Headphones and System Sounds lights up green. In the sound panel on the speaker icon there is a green check mark. This is all happening on my pc not my mac. So I'm not sure if I pressed a button during my gaming or if adobe flash might've messed up something. I've posted this thread here because everything I looked up points to Drivers, but to me it seems like they're working???

:)

HalpPK, Oct 21, 2015

2. how do I fix my sound after installing lates windows 10 update. I get this error message IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - Error 0x8007001f .

ok I have downloaded that soft wear now how do I get my ceative speakers back or do I run sound through my monitor ?

LesleyHENDERSON, Oct 21, 2015
  3. how do I fix my sound after installing lates windows 10 update. I get this error message IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - Error 0x8007001f .

What is the make and model of your computer?

Did you run the Playing audio troubleshooter?

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot > Playing audio

Click Run the troubleshooter

When complete, restart then check if audio is working.

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Are you seeing any yellow exclamation signs there?

Andre Da Costa, Oct 21, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

How do I fix my sound

Open Device Manager->Sound,video,game controllers. Disable the driver then re-enable again to see if it helps.

topgundcp, Oct 21, 2015
  5. fireberd Win User
    Adobe flash has been known to have problems with audio.

Try "regular" audio such as a wav or mp3 file on the PC and see if that has problems.

To expand on Topgundcp's recommendation. "Refresh" the sound by going to the Device Manager, Uninstall the PC sound but DO NOT uninstall the driver. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound. Any Windows corruptons will be repaired.

fireberd, Oct 21, 2015
  6. HalpPK Win User
    Thanks guys I can now hear sound. I just hope it stays like that.

HalpPK, Oct 21, 2015
  7. HalpPK Win User
    So the sound thing happened again and this time uninstalling and reinstalling the PC sound isn't working at the moment.

HalpPK, Oct 22, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

How do I fix my sound

IMO, you need not to re-install the driver, just disable/enable a few times until you get the sound back. In addition, disable "Enhancements" in the Speakers properties.

topgundcp, Oct 22, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    I had a similar problem in Windows 8.1 before upgrading to 10. While playing or watching a video, the sound went mute. To fix it I had to restart the sound service only to mute again after some minutes. I discovered that Windows Update had replaced my audio drivers and the new ones weren't very compatible with my audio card. I reinstalled the audio drivers and the problem fixed. So you can do the same, reinstall the audio drivers. But you must also prevent Windows Update replacing them again. See this post of how to hide driver updates so they are excluded.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I fix my sound

1. How do I fix my sound - Similar Threads - fix sound

2. How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?: I am trying to view videos on CompTIA Testout PC Pro site. For some reason, I start the videos and they are muted. In order to unmute, I have to rightclick on the video while it is playing to show controls, then adjust the volume. I then can hear the video. This happens on...
  3. How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?: I am trying to view videos on CompTIA Testout PC Pro site. For some reason, I start the videos and they are muted. In order to unmute, I have to rightclick on the video while it is playing to show controls, then adjust the volume. I then can hear the video. This happens on...
  4. How to fix sound when mirroring?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix sound when mirroring?: I used to cast stuff from my PC to tv and it always worked well. One day the audio stopped working and if I go into my sound settings, there is two options: Speaker on computer or digital output . If i do speaker, i only hear sound from my computer. If I do digital output it...
  5. How to fix sound when mirroring?

How to fix sound when mirroring?: I used to cast stuff from my PC to tv and it always worked well. One day the audio stopped working and if I go into my sound settings, there is two options: Speaker on computer or digital output . If i do speaker, i only hear sound from my computer. If I do digital output it...
  6. how do I fix the sound in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I fix the sound in windows 10: how do I fix the sound in windows 10 it keeps showing digital sound and it kick the other option off which was head phones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-sound-in-windows-10/4510bc19-d703-4fe8-9eda-ac5327fc21f5
  7. how do I fix the sound in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix the sound in windows 10: how do I fix the sound in windows 10 it keeps showing digital sound and it kick the other option off which was head phones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-sound-in-windows-10/4510bc19-d703-4fe8-9eda-ac5327fc21f5
  8. how do I fix the sound in windows 10

9. How do i fix windows start up sound, windows logon is missing in sounds settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix windows start up sound, windows logon is missing in sounds settings.: It's not a big deal but i've an issue regarding windows start up window logon sound, i have checked in personalize settings, checked sounds setting in which i found windows logon missing. there's no windows sounds when logon. current os : Win11all are updated...
  10. How do i fix windows start up sound, windows logon is missing in sounds settings.

How do i fix windows start up sound, windows logon is missing in sounds settings.: It's not a big deal but i've an issue regarding windows start up window logon sound, i have checked in personalize settings, checked sounds setting in which i found windows logon missing. there's no windows sounds when logon. current os : Win11all are updated...