Windows 10: How do i fix my taskbar

Discus and support How do i fix my taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason my taskbar suddenly changed and it looks like this. How do i fix this? I completely dislike this and i want to change it back so please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Luke A. J., Jul 5, 2023.

1. How do i fix my taskbar

For some reason my taskbar suddenly changed and it looks like this. How do i fix this? I completely dislike this and i want to change it back so please help.

:)

Luke A. J., Jul 5, 2023

2. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2023
  3. Taskbar disable, key command to activate

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I would suggest you to auto hide the taskbar. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.
    • Check on the box Auto-hide taskbar, click on Apply and click on
      OK.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 5, 2023
  4. Yaqub K Win User

How do i fix my taskbar

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 5, 2023
Thema:

How do i fix my taskbar

1. How do i fix my taskbar - Similar Threads - fix taskbar

2. Windows 10 KB5040427 adds the Copilot app, fixes Taskbar woes (direct download links)

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5040427 adds the Copilot app, fixes Taskbar woes (direct download links): July 2024’s monthly security update KB5040427 is now available for Windows 10 PCs. This security update patches multiple flaws in the OS, including the Taskbar’s jump list bug we covered a few weeks back. It also adds the Copilot app to the soon-to-be-obsolete OS. KB5040427...
  3. How to fix my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my taskbar?: I tried to look up how to fix my taskbar, but I have no clue how to word it since I don't know what's going on with it.Basically, my taskbar is showing icons and the date from a while ago and it disappears when I press the windows button. It says the date is 6/29, but its...
  4. How to fix my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my taskbar?: I tried to look up how to fix my taskbar, but I have no clue how to word it since I don't know what's going on with it.Basically, my taskbar is showing icons and the date from a while ago and it disappears when I press the windows button. It says the date is 6/29, but its...
  5. My taskbar keeps disappearing completely. Restarting explorer.exe doesn't fix the issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar keeps disappearing completely. Restarting explorer.exe doesn't fix the issue.: Hi, I'm having an issue where my taskbar will randomly disappear on my Windows 11 PC and not come back at all. I've tried restarting explorer.exe to no avail and the only way to fix the issue that I've found has been completely restarted the computer itself which, obviously,...
  6. My taskbar keeps disappearing completely. Restarting explorer.exe doesn't fix the issue.

My taskbar keeps disappearing completely. Restarting explorer.exe doesn't fix the issue.: Hi, I'm having an issue where my taskbar will randomly disappear on my Windows 11 PC and not come back at all. I've tried restarting explorer.exe to no avail and the only way to fix the issue that I've found has been completely restarted the computer itself which, obviously,...
  7. Windows 10 KB5039299 fixes Taskbar search and Windows Backup glitches

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5039299 fixes Taskbar search and Windows Backup glitches: Microsoft recently released the KB5039299 update for Windows 10 22H2 Insider PCs. This new KB update moves the Beta and Release Preview channel PCs to build 19045.4593. Surprisingly, the update doesn’t add new features to the operating system and only focuses on bug fixes....
  8. Taskbar Not Showing In Windows 11 , how to Fix this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Not Showing In Windows 11 , how to Fix this ?: Taskbar Not Showing In Windows 11 , how to Fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-showing-in-windows-11-how-to-fix-this/f3213dba-5f66-45f5-9f39-dd2c8e23777b
  9. Taskbar Not Showing In Windows 11 , how to Fix this ?

Taskbar Not Showing In Windows 11 , how to Fix this ?: Taskbar Not Showing In Windows 11 , how to Fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-showing-in-windows-11-how-to-fix-this/f3213dba-5f66-45f5-9f39-dd2c8e23777b
  10. Why are you not fixing the moveable taskbar option in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are you not fixing the moveable taskbar option in Win 11: I need to upgrade y laptop but i need to be able to move the taskbar to the top, when is this option going to be installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-you-not-fixing-the-moveable-taskbar-option/0856b0e8-bf3b-4cc7-8161-9a890e9c72fc