Windows 10: How do I fix my windows updating forever

Discus and support How do I fix my windows updating forever in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I flip down my windows 10 laptop to eat dinner, and when I open it again it shows just a blue screen with the loading gif and “Configuring update for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J K Torralba, Dec 11, 2019.

1. How do I fix my windows updating forever

I flip down my windows 10 laptop to eat dinner, and when I open it again it shows just a blue screen with the loading gif and
    “Configuring update for Windows 10
    0% complete
    Do not turn off your computer”
    I literally do not have it connected to wifi; its just stuck like this. It’s been stuck at 0% for 2 hours by now. How do I fix it?

:)

J K Torralba, Dec 11, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Smizack Win User
    Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

How do I fix my windows updating forever [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Xzibit Win User

How do I fix my windows updating forever

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Check the date on the one you thought it was. Nov 4 2015 <-That's not June

The rollup does contain the fix.

June 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

June 21 2016

Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: June 2016

This update contains some improvements to Windows Update Client in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This includes the following:
    • An optimization that addresses long scan time for updates that's reported on some computers.
    • Fix for a Windows Update error 0x8007000E on some computers while they are updating.
    • Some reliability improvements.

Xzibit, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

How do I fix my windows updating forever

1. How do I fix my windows updating forever - Similar Threads - fix updating forever

2. How do I fix my window updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I fix my window updates?: Recently, I have been unable to download the newest updates, as they always default to a download error errors 0x800700c1, 0x80070643, and . I've tried using SFC, but it simply states it cannot start the repairs, and using DISM brings up error 87. I've made sure the commands...
  3. How do I fix my window updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my window updates?: Recently, I have been unable to download the newest updates, as they always default to a download error errors 0x800700c1, 0x80070643, and . I've tried using SFC, but it simply states it cannot start the repairs, and using DISM brings up error 87. I've made sure the commands...
  4. How do I get OneDrive off my OS forever and FOREVER !!! ???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get OneDrive off my OS forever and FOREVER !!! ???: I have uninstalled OneDrive from Win10. Multiple times. Andi it keeps coming back, like a persistent STD, How do I get it the heck off my OS forever and ever???I NEVER want it to reinstall. Not in 10 minutes, not in 10 yearn.Why do you keep reinstalling stuff that I...
  5. How do I get OneDrive off my OS forever and FOREVER !!! ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get OneDrive off my OS forever and FOREVER !!! ???: I have uninstalled OneDrive from Win10. Multiple times. Andi it keeps coming back, like a persistent STD, How do I get it the heck off my OS forever and ever???I NEVER want it to reinstall. Not in 10 minutes, not in 10 yearn.Why do you keep reinstalling stuff that I...
  6. How do I get OneDrive off my OS forever and FOREVER !!! ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do i fix my windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my windows update: for the past 2 hours I have not been able to download driver updates and a windows 11 update. It either gets stuck on 0%, does not say there is any updates and gives me an error code "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...
  8. How do i fix my windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix my windows update: for the past 2 hours I have not been able to download driver updates and a windows 11 update. It either gets stuck on 0%, does not say there is any updates and gives me an error code "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...
  9. Windows 10 updates are in a forever loop, how to fix?

Windows 10 updates are in a forever loop, how to fix?: Hi there,I have been "updating" windows for a while now, but it never seems to actually work. Essentially what happens is it tells me that it needs to update with a restart, there's that little update symbol with the yellow dot in the bottom right of the start bar so I update...
  10. How Do I stop Windows From Updating FOREVER

How Do I stop Windows From Updating FOREVER: HI, I would like to stop my laptop updating FOREVER is running windows 10 home single language. PLZ HELP Ibrahim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-from-updating-forever/ae3eff43-fade-4fed-b4ae-5fb418b4971a