Windows 10: How do i fix no icon only name of the app appears

Discus and support How do i fix no icon only name of the app appears in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] this picture explains what is happening! i have tryed rebuilding icon cache and restarting nothing has worked and i really need my icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sp7759, Nov 30, 2016.

1. sp7759 Win User

How do i fix no icon only name of the app appears

How do i fix no icon only name of the app appears [​IMG]

this picture explains what is happening!

i have tryed rebuilding icon cache and restarting nothing has worked and i really need my icons back there are making me go nuts help please?

:)

sp7759, Nov 30, 2016

2. How do I change the phone's name that appears on windowsphone.com?

I think you're right: it was a glitch, maybe from exchanging phones and trying to set the replacement phone to have the same name as the old phone that died. A while (few hours) after I changed the name in Zune the second time to something new, it did appear
    properly on windowsphone.com.

I've experimented with a few additonal changes since then. It seems it can take several hours for the change to propagate from Zune to windowsphone.com. I had assumed it would be instantaneous (it can show where my phone is on a map, can't it get the name
    of the phone!).

But the original problem was something else, where it never updated, even after a few days. For that, changing the name in Zune again seemed to correct the problem.

Thanks!

- Colin

GraniteStateColin, Nov 30, 2016
  3. How do I change the phone's name that appears on windowsphone.com?

I received a replacement HTC Arrive. On my prior model, when I log into windowsphone.com, under "My Windows Phone," it showed the the phone's name above it's model number:

<Phone name>

HTCT7575

With the new phone, under "My Windows Phone" windowsphone.com just shows:

HTC7575

HTC7575

If I look in Settings | About, it shows the phone's name, and in Zune on my computer it properly shows the phone's name. Just not on the windowsphone.com site.

How do I make it show this name on windowsphone.com or manually update it to display the correct name?

Thanks,

Colin

HTC Arrive on Sprint

Version 7.5 Mango.

Windows 7 x64

Zune Version 4.8.2345.0

GraniteStateColin, Nov 30, 2016
  4. SonicBlue Win User

SonicBlue, Nov 30, 2016
  5. sp7759 Win User
    sp7759, Nov 30, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    spunk, Dec 1, 2016
  7. EdTittel Win User
    I might observe in connection with Spunk's on-target advice that the free WinAero Tweaker has a one click item in its "Tools" section called "Reset icon cache" that greatly simplifies this task.

How do i fix no icon only name of the app appears [​IMG]

I use this program myself, and have followed its developer, Sergey Tkachenko for some years now. He's completely on the up-and-up.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 1, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi, in your first post you said you'd tried rebuilding the cache. So, what happens if you create a new user for test purposes and log in as that user? (Could be a local user to make it easier).

This would prove or eliminate the possibility of user profile corruption.

dalchina, Dec 1, 2016
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Good point, Dalchina. Thanks for reminding us about the cache rebuild already have taken place...
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 1, 2016
  10. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i fix no icon only name of the app appears - Similar Threads - fix icon name

2. In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?: In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?For example, I want to find a file with the character string "fund", I type "fund" in the search box and I get thousands of documents that have "fund" somewhere in the text of the document....
  3. In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?: In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?For example, I want to find a file with the character string "fund", I type "fund" in the search box and I get thousands of documents that have "fund" somewhere in the text of the document....
  4. In file explorer, how do I do a search only on file names?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?: I restart explorer.exe, then my desktop/icons look like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-desktopicons-issue/0d95ed22-4040-4d8c-9154-b6e4c626e96f
  6. How do I fix these Icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix these Icons?: Some of the shortcut icons do not match the other icons. I would like to have all my icons to match the ones on the left. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/Sheep_in_wolfs_skin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l68dwh/how_do_i_fix_these_icons/
  7. How do I fix this? I tried to make the desktop name blank but some of the icons disappear...

How do I fix this? I tried to make the desktop name blank but some of the icons disappear...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CaptainCrispy99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvnzo1/how_do_i_fix_this_i_tried_to_make_the_desktop/
  8. How do i fix these app icons?

How do i fix these app icons?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Universe171 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gd2a7w/how_do_i_fix_these_app_icons/
  9. Icons Not Showing only file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons Not Showing only file name: I know Microsoft word converts a pdf to editable word file..Now the issue I m facing 1. I opend the Word 2016 version 2. was browsing for a pdf file from my pc 3 .I noticed in the browsing search box while loading all the pdfs from user folder the icons were changing...
  10. How can I restore file and desktop icons? Only appear the file name

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How can I restore file and desktop icons? Only appear the file name: I attribute this to the PSD codec installed Ardify to display thumbnails of .pdf files, and haven't find a solution so i habld to restablish windows from the begining and reinstall all again. if you can help me I'll be gratefull. 55409