Windows 10: How do I fix overscaling on my old TV screen?

Discus and support How do I fix overscaling on my old TV screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just plugged in HDMI and split my screen. The TV screen is overscaled and I can't find display settings in NVIDIA control panel.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobinsonSwiss, Jan 24, 2020.

1. How do I fix overscaling on my old TV screen?

Just plugged in HDMI and split my screen. The TV screen is overscaled and I can't find display settings in NVIDIA control panel.

:)

RobinsonSwiss, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Forerun Win User

Windows 10 on Samsung TV overscaling issue

Hey dear community,

My problem is that whenever I shut off my tv and turn it on again, it overscales.

Now I managed to fix the overscaling issue in the tv settings, but it seems to keep the overscale resolution.

In order to fix the screen resolution problem, I have to go into nvidia control panel and change the display resolution to another and then back to the normal one.

However this resets everytime I shut off my tv.

I'd be very thankful for help.

Forerun, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 on Samsung TV overscaling issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the feature does not work the way it is supposed to. We would like to know few information for further clarity.

• What is the model number of the TV?
    • What is the connection type between TV and the PC?

However, you can go ahead and try these steps and let us know the status.

Disable the Display Driver.

1. Press Windows + X key from the keyboard and select
      Device Manager
    2. Expand Display device. Right click on the Intel(R) graphics device and select
      Disable device.
    3. You will receive a prompt, click OK.
    4. Restart the PC and check the issue.

The above steps are suggested because when you switch on the TV it will take the Intel driver by default and later when you make the changes in NVidia control panel it overrides the connection.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 24, 2020
  4. How do I fix overscaling on my old TV screen?

MSI 9600GT overscaling

Ok i just put together my HTPC and i have it hooked up to a 50 inch LG 1080P TV through HDMI and when i set the resolution to 1920x1080P it comes up but the edges of the screen are cut off. ive googled around and this is called overscaling. I couldnt find any good fixes. anyone have any recommendations?

brandonwh64, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

How do I fix overscaling on my old TV screen?

1. How do I fix overscaling on my old TV screen? - Similar Threads - fix overscaling old

2. How do i fix my screen freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my screen freezing?: My screen always freezes when im playing a game but my cursor still moves. Whenever my screen freezes i can still hear the game im playing. My friends im talking to while playing can also still hear me after my screen freezes....
  3. How do i fix my screen freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix my screen freezing?: My screen always freezes when im playing a game but my cursor still moves. Whenever my screen freezes i can still hear the game im playing. My friends im talking to while playing can also still hear me after my screen freezes....
  4. How do i get rid of the old tv screen wired display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of the old tv screen wired display: Its stuck and i cant get rid of it can someone fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-old-tv-screen-wired/f170220c-1f3a-472a-9fdf-f7eb196a061f
  5. How do i get rid of the old tv screen wired display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get rid of the old tv screen wired display: Its stuck and i cant get rid of it can someone fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-old-tv-screen-wired/f170220c-1f3a-472a-9fdf-f7eb196a061f
  6. How do I fix my video playback on Movies & TV in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my video playback on Movies & TV in Windows 11?: I personally use Movies & TV to view videos and footage on my computer which has Windows 11. The app opens fine and theres no issues and I can click on videos and open them just fine, just the actual problem is that I cannot click or scroll through the timeline. I can't just...
  7. i've got bad overscan on my tv, how can i fix it? the tv is kinda old so there is no option...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i've got bad overscan on my tv, how can i fix it? the tv is kinda old so there is no option...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bromomento69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8fzz7/ive_got_bad_overscan_on_my_tv_how_can_i_fix_it/
  8. Overscaling on my monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Overscaling on my monitor: So I got a monitor for my windows computer, and it doesn't fit everything on the screen, meaning, my mouse disappears, it's only on the edges of the monitor that has this issue, not the top and the bottom of the display. The monitor was working before, it's just after I have...
  9. How do I fix my blurry screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix my blurry screen?: So last night I finally got my EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 installed into my computer after ordering and installing a new power supply. When I loaded my computer it was perfectly fine and none of the resolution changed at all. But after getting home from school today I realized...
  10. Windows 10 on Samsung TV overscaling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 on Samsung TV overscaling issue: Hey dear community, My problem is that whenever I shut off my tv and turn it on again, it overscales. Now I managed to fix the overscaling issue in the tv settings, but it seems to keep the overscale resolution. In order to fix the screen resolution problem, I have to go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. overscaling 2020