Windows 10: how do I fix "Some settings are managed by your organization" ?

Discus and support how do I fix "Some settings are managed by your organization" ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do I fix "Some settings are managed by your organization" ?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John S.Hameline, Jan 5, 2021.

1. how do I fix "Some settings are managed by your organization" ?

how do I fix "Some settings are managed by your organization" ?

:)

John S.Hameline, Jan 5, 2021

2. "Some settings are managed by your organization"

I'm trying to enable app notifications, but the slider is grayed out, with a message at the top of the settings pane saying "Some settings are managed by your organization."

• I am not a member of any domain or network
    • The issue has persisted between an antivirus replacement and each of those antivirus programs being disabled
    • I've already tried setting telemetry to "enhanced" and to "full," as many people have suggested, but to no effect.
    • I also do not have the Group Policy Editor, as I am on Home edition, so I am unable to perform any of the fixes through that method.

What do I do?

HyperText404, Jan 5, 2021
  3. dukeofurl Win User
    Some settings are managed by my organization?

A long while ago, when Win 10 privacy concerns were new, I ran some kind of utility that claimed to stop like 20 violations with one step. Fast forward to today, and I go to do Windows Update, and it tells me in red font color "*Some settings are managed by your organization" - well, I don't have an organization, I'd just like to get Windows Update back to normal. Any idea how?

dukeofurl, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Yancyd66 Win User

*Some settings are managed by your organization

Did that and it doesn't work.

Open Start Menu and type gpedit.msc.

• Right click on gpedit.msc and Run as Administrator.
    • Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    • Find Allow Telemetry and double click on it.
    • Change its setting to Enabled and change the drop down menu entry to 3-Full.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Again open the file and change setting like before. That means change Enabled to Not Configured.
    • Still see: *Some settings are managed by your organization.

Then tried regedit suggestion from other community person that didn't work:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > PushNotifications.

Now you will see NoToastApplicationNotification. Double click on it.

Now change its value 1 to 0. 1 is default value. You will make it 0.

Click on OK.

Now, Sign out your Microsoft Account. Sign in again.

Issue with this suggestion is that there is no "PushNotifications" listed.

Yancyd66, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. how do I fix "Some settings are managed by your organization" ? - Similar Threads - fix settings are

2. How to fix, some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix, some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization?: I want to use clipboard and it keeps showing this. I already have tried tons of ways to fix this that i found in community. I am not a computer guy so i don't know the terms exactly, but whatever they told i followed and in the end the very last thing won't be there in my...
  3. How to fix, some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix, some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization?: I want to use clipboard and it keeps showing this. I already have tried tons of ways to fix this that i found in community. I am not a computer guy so i don't know the terms exactly, but whatever they told i followed and in the end the very last thing won't be there in my...
  4. How to fix, some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Some Setting are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Setting are managed by your organization: Hello, I've been facing this problem where multiple settings are disabled as windows says "some settings are managed by your organization". This is odd as I haven't signed into windows using my work/school account only and specifically into microsoft teams. While signing in I...
  6. "Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Some settings are managed by your organization": [ATTACH] Please someone help me I can NOT figure out how to solve this, I can't modify my update settings and I'm so tired of PC force restarting in the middle of games at midnight and waking up to update when asleep at 6 am. Regedits don;t work, privacy settings don't...
  7. Can't fix "Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't fix "Some settings are managed by your organization": Hey guys, Just found out I have this "Some settings are managed by your organization" message in my Windows settings and because of it some settings are blocked as well. Wasn't there before and it kind of bothers me. The Gpedit.msc and gpedit /force in the cmd methods don't...
  8. Can't fix "Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't fix "Some settings are managed by your organization": Hey guys, Just found out I have this "Some settings are managed by your organization" message in my Windows settings and because of it some settings are blocked as well. Wasn't there before and it kind of bothers me. The Gpedit.msc and gpedit /force in the cmd methods don't...
  9. Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization: Guys, please help. I can't find the solution anywhere. All of the common ones that pop up when I search for a solution like going into Group policy editor and to windows updates are not working... I've also lost the ability to play sound on my computer, it won't recognize...
  10. *Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    *Some settings are managed by your organization: I just upgraded my home computer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and under the settings in Windows Update, there is text stating what the title says. Why is it saying that and is there anyway to get rid of it? [ATTACH]...