Windows 10: How do I fix the black blinking screen of death?

Discus and support How do I fix the black blinking screen of death? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay, so I've had this Acer laptop for a good few years, always worked fine, but a few months ago, it's started doing something strange. During start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AblixJackblix, Jan 5, 2020.

1. How do I fix the black blinking screen of death?

Okay, so I've had this Acer laptop for a good few years, always worked fine, but a few months ago, it's started doing something strange. During start up, the computer acts completely fine, but the moment I log in and reach the desktop, it starts randomly going black for unspecified amounts of time with only the cursor on screen, and then coming back a few moments later. It's also begun freezing much more often. I've tried completely reseting everything, but the issue is still occuring. I dont have the slightest clue what the issue is, so any feedback would be greatly appricated!

:)

AblixJackblix, Jan 5, 2020

2. Black Screen of Death?

I recieved the 'black screen of death' on my Windows 10 PC, about a week ago. I've tried everything to fix it, and unfortunately, nothing has helped. It is a black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left hand corner.

Sarah Doherty, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Ar Rom Win User

How do I fix the black blinking screen of death?

Black screen with blinking cursor

Hello,

This issue regarding the black screen and blinking cursor maybe due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers. There are certain steps that we can do to troubleshoot this issue. Let's follow the methods provided by Aadland on August 8, 2015 on this

link
    and see if this will resolve your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

How do I fix the black blinking screen of death?

1. How do I fix the black blinking screen of death? - Similar Threads - fix black blinking

2. How do I fix the "blue screen of death"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix the "blue screen of death"?: My computer started acting weird like taking hours to turn on but I couldn't find anything wrong with the computer so I ended up forgetting about it and now when I turned on my computer it takes like 10 minutes with the loading dots screen before going to the blue screen with...
  3. How do I fix the "blue screen of death"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the "blue screen of death"?: My computer started acting weird like taking hours to turn on but I couldn't find anything wrong with the computer so I ended up forgetting about it and now when I turned on my computer it takes like 10 minutes with the loading dots screen before going to the blue screen with...
  4. How do I fix the "blue screen of death"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I fix a black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a black screen?: My computer suddenly went black out of no where, but the power button light is still on. When I tried to turn the computer off then back on, it won’t turn off. I thought maybe plugging the charger in would help, but when I did the charger light didn’t turn on to indicate it...
  6. How I fixed Black Screen of Death Explorer was wrecked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I fixed Black Screen of Death Explorer was wrecked: Had a power blip while I was gone and after I rebooted my desktop the monitor was black after login! I was able to get to the "Task Manager"I was able to go to "File" and execute "Chrome" and this gave me a Google browser window. I later tried all of the standard...
  7. How I fixed Black Screen of Death Explorer was wrecked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I fixed Black Screen of Death Explorer was wrecked: Had a power blip while I was gone and after I rebooted my desktop the monitor was black after login! I was able to get to the "Task Manager"I was able to go to "File" and execute "Chrome" and this gave me a Google browser window. I later tried all of the standard...
  8. How I fixed Black Screen of Death Explorer was wrecked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How I fixed Black Screen of Death Explorer was wrecked: Had a power blip while I was gone and after I rebooted my desktop the monitor was black after login! I was able to get to the "Task Mnager"I was able to go to "File" and execute "Chrome" and this gave me a Google browser window. I later tried all of the standard...
  9. How do i fix a black screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i fix a black screen?: So i turned on my computer, it brings me to a black screen with a cursor. if i give it some time it brings up the first page to go to sign in, but it looks weird. it has poor quality and says “Windows sign-in”. if i click anything at all, it brings me straight to the black...
  10. What do I do? Blue screen of death then black screen of death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What do I do? Blue screen of death then black screen of death: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Panda_Sap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lqpfjw/what_do_i_do_blue_screen_of_death_then_black/