Windows 10: How do I fix "The CMOS checksum is invalid" /

Discus and support How do I fix "The CMOS checksum is invalid" / in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; upon start-up I get the above message . also wants me to check BIOS setup I am using an hp Pavillion notebook that has been updated to windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nancys52, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Nancys52 Win User

How do I fix "The CMOS checksum is invalid" /

upon start-up I get the above message . also wants me to check BIOS setup I am using an hp Pavillion notebook that has been updated to windows 10

:)

Nancys52, Jul 7, 2019
  2. method526 Win User

Cmos Checksum Error/ Cmos Checksum Bad???

so there was a CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR at the beginning of my problem. I decided to change the battery, and now i get a CMOS CHECKSUM BAD message and my problems still persist (BIOS/CMOS not saving, time and date are wrong and reset back to 2001 in november, and I STILL HAVE NO SOUND FOR SOME REASON!) is it time to move on to a new motherboard?

here's the backstory of my problem dating from a couple days ago:
    i recently installed a prolimatech megahalem into my rig yesterday (great cooler, btw), and i notice i have trouble booting up (sometimes) and restarting (if i restart from windows or if i do some bios changes). i dont know what the problem is, and i don't think a CPU cooler could really make such chaos. i'm lucky to be posting this (because i cant boot to windows sometimes), but i need a solid fix for this. i also lost sound and while trying to get vista to recognize soundcard or onboard, it doesnt. any ideas?

method526, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Cmos Checksum Error/ Cmos Checksum Bad???

the cmos is located near 5v battery or close to clear cmos jumper

The_Real_DeaL31, Jul 7, 2019
  4. How do I fix "The CMOS checksum is invalid" /

CMOS Checksum Bad: First time PC builder MSI 790FX - GD70

ensure the bios reset switch isnt pressed (if that motherboard is equipped with such) or the jumper cap is in the right position(clears the CMOS). Normally CMOS Checksum issues are battery or the clear CMOS jumper cap not in right position.

eidairaman1, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

How do I fix "The CMOS checksum is invalid" /

1. How do I fix "The CMOS checksum is invalid" / - Similar Threads - fix CMOS checksum

2. CMOS Checksum error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMOS Checksum error.: Recently I have started to face this problem, When i start my computer, it blacks out and restarts 2 times and then shows up CMOS checksum error and after which the computer boots successfully. can anyone help me fix this?...
  3. CMOS Checksum error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMOS Checksum error.: Recently I have started to face this problem, When i start my computer, it blacks out and restarts 2 times and then shows up CMOS checksum error and after which the computer boots successfully. can anyone help me fix this?...
  4. how do fix i the directory name is invalid for dvd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do fix i the directory name is invalid for dvd: how do fix i the directory name is invalid for DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-fix-i-the-directory-name-is-invalid-for-dvd/2dfdfbdc-7d24-4602-9547-df570057a853
  5. how do fix i the directory name is invalid for dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do fix i the directory name is invalid for dvd: how do fix i the directory name is invalid for DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-fix-i-the-directory-name-is-invalid-for-dvd/2dfdfbdc-7d24-4602-9547-df570057a853
  6. how do fix i the directory name is invalid for dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Regarding CMOS checksum error -defalts loaded and windows update not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding CMOS checksum error -defalts loaded and windows update not installing: Hii!I have a dell inspiron 545s pc running on windows 10. Recently, I have been encountering this cmos error after starting in my pc. It automatically turns off my CPUafter hitting f1 and when I start again it works as fine as ever. However, I have some concerns regarding...
  8. Regarding CMOS checksum error -defalts loaded and windows update not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding CMOS checksum error -defalts loaded and windows update not installing: Hii!I have a dell inspiron 545s pc running on windows 10. Recently, I have been encountering this cmos error after starting in my pc. It automatically turns off my CPUafter hitting f1 and when I start again it works as fine as ever. However, I have some concerns regarding...
  9. CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss: Hi, Just installed an update using the Windows Update and on restart of the computer after a number of failed restarts in which the computer kept powering up and down, it finally restarted but this was the screen I got - Please see attached picture....
  10. What to do with CMOS checksum error Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What to do with CMOS checksum error Win10: Hi,I had this error prompted recently and couldn't start up my PC after I reset the BIOs to default settings.So, I reinstalled Windows 10 Home and things were fine and running. So I shutdown my PC and powered off the switches normally. Although there was a hiccup at shutting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmos checksum is invalid

2. the cmos checksum is invalid hp

3. cmos checksum invalid

4. cmos invalid,
  5. how to repair invalid cmos in my pc,
  6. the cmos checksum is invalid,
  7. Cmof is inavalid,
  8. the cmos is invalid,
  9. questionmark checksum invalid how to fix,
  10. checksum invalid,
  11. CMOS chip is invalid,