Windows 10: How do I fix the extremely long desktop background change length?

Discus and support How do I fix the extremely long desktop background change length? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is my second or third time posting about this same issue but I have not had any response so hoping maybe this time I get one, any tips or guides... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pezhmank, Nov 9, 2018.

1. pezhmank Win User

How do I fix the extremely long desktop background change length?

This is my second or third time posting about this same issue but I have not had any response so hoping maybe this time I get one, any tips or guides or anything for me to further research.
    I have had no issues with background changes, it used to take less than a second for it to change, I have not changed any method, any app or anything that comes into mind, but now when I try to change a wallpaper by right clicking on a picture and select "set as desktop background" it takes about 5-10 second and its really disturbing.

What could be the issue and how could I fix or look into?

:)

pezhmank, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Nov 9, 2018
  3. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Nov 9, 2018
  4. How do I fix the extremely long desktop background change length?

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

How do I fix the extremely long desktop background change length?

1. How do I fix the extremely long desktop background change length? - Similar Threads - fix extremely long

2. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  3. How do I get around the dreaded "Path Length Too Long" error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get around the dreaded "Path Length Too Long" error?: In my case I'm trying to unzip a file resident on my D:drive. I get the error. I've enabled the Longfilername bit using regedit and GPedit. Still no help. I CAN do a clean unzip on the C: drive root, that does work. I've tried coping the unzipped files to the D:drive but then...
  4. How do I get around the dreaded "Path Length Too Long" error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get around the dreaded "Path Length Too Long" error?: In my case I'm trying to unzip a file resident on my D:drive. I get the error. I've enabled the Longfilername bit using regedit and GPedit. Still no help. I CAN do a clean unzip on the C: drive root, that does work. I've tried coping the unzipped files to the D:drive but then...
  5. How do I change the background to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the background to default: how to I change the background display to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-to-default/c4f68526-07c6-4e79-86f4-c6ee58378b17
  6. How do I change the max sound effect length?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the max sound effect length?: I would like to change a sound effect, but my wav file is a little too long. Would compressing it help? Do I have to trim it? I'll even edit the registry if I have to. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/_sample_text_here [link] [comments]...
  7. how do i change my desktop background display

how do i change my desktop background display: how do I change my desktop background display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-desktop-background-display/6ecc30a6-5f6c-46df-bf78-9aa678c63093
  8. How to change the desktop background.

How to change the desktop background.: I have Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. When I turn on my laptop my screen is a full scenic photo that asks if I like it or not. Then I sign in and my regular screen comes up with my chosen photo for that. How do I get a permanent scene on the screen upon opening and turning...
  9. Change Desktop Background

Change Desktop Background: I want to change the Desktop Background, I want to put a picture of my granddaughter that I have on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-background/26184aba-aed7-4f05-ac92-8ace3ba1f30c
  10. How do I fix the extremely long desktop background change length?

How do I fix the extremely long desktop background change length?: This is my second or third time posting about this same issue but I have not had any response so hoping maybe this time I get one, any tips or guides or anything for me to further research. I have had no issues with background changes, it used to take less than a second for...