Windows 10: How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?

Discus and support How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My taskbar sometimes disappears replaced with a black bar, and my entire desktop behind my apps is blacked out as well when my computer is working with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zack Vexler, Nov 28, 2023.

1. How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?

My taskbar sometimes disappears replaced with a black bar, and my entire desktop behind my apps is blacked out as well when my computer is working with heavy files and wont come back until I restart my computer 2-3 times. I would submit a screenshot from one of the numerous times it has appeared, but I cant even navigate open apps or search for apps because the windows key gives that error ding sound so I cant even open up the Screen Clipper. I have checked my settings multiple times and I already have my taskbar locked and all of the "automatically hide taskbar in ________ mode" settings

:)

Zack Vexler, Nov 28, 2023

2. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Nov 28, 2023
  4. How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?

Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?

1. How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing? - Similar Threads - fix Taskbar disappearing

2. How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?: My taskbar sometimes disappears replaced with a black bar, and my entire desktop behind my apps is blacked out as well when my computer is working with heavy files and wont come back until I restart my computer 2-3 times. I would submit a screenshot from one of the numerous...
  3. How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix the Taskbar disappearing?: My taskbar sometimes disappears replaced with a black bar, and my entire desktop behind my apps is blacked out as well when my computer is working with heavy files and wont come back until I restart my computer 2-3 times. I would submit a screenshot from one of the numerous...
  4. how do i fix my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix my taskbar: when i bring my mouse down to the bottom of the screen it does not show up and when i press the windows key when im on the home screen my screen goes black and other than that it takes longer to come up i have tried to restart windows explorer and using powershell and nothing...
  5. how do i fix my taskbar

how do i fix my taskbar: when i bring my mouse down to the bottom of the screen it does not show up and when i press the windows key when im on the home screen my screen goes black and other than that it takes longer to come up i have tried to restart windows explorer and using powershell and nothing...
  6. How do i fix my taskbar

How do i fix my taskbar: For some reason my taskbar suddenly changed and it looks like this. How do i fix this? I completely dislike this and i want to change it back so please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-taskbar/689b6218-485e-4538-b372-4e69e3563ab7
  7. How do I fix this taskbar issue??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix this taskbar issue??: Hey, so around 5 mins ago, i restarted my pc cause it was lagging somewhat.. Then This happend...Legit there are not taskbar icons that show, neither the wifi icon battery or anything.... They just completely disappeared... So how do i fix it??...
  8. How do I fix this taskbar issue??

How do I fix this taskbar issue??: Hey, so around 5 mins ago, i restarted my pc cause it was lagging somewhat.. Then This happend...Legit there are not taskbar icons that show, neither the wifi icon battery or anything.... They just completely disappeared... So how do i fix it??...
  9. How do I fix a disappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix a disappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?: The system notification tray that resides on the lower right of the taskbar keeps going missing. It only reappears if I do something to change the display, such as changing the resolution. When the notification tray does reappear, it's appearing with icons scrambled and...
  10. A fix for the disappearing Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    A fix for the disappearing Taskbar: After the latest Windows update, my taskbar disappeared. I tried everything I could find in several forums, but nothing worked. I stumbled onto this quick solution that restores the taskbar each morning. This only takes a few seconds. Left Click on the Windows icon, right...