Windows 10: how do i fix this account corruption?

Discus and support how do i fix this account corruption? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so, i was trying to log into a fresh new account without any password set, and as soon as i click "Log in", it throws me back to the welcome page. Ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by es ncyb, Jan 29, 2023.

1. es ncyb Win User

how do i fix this account corruption?

so, i was trying to log into a fresh new account without any password set, and as soon as i click "Log in", it throws me back to the welcome page. Ive tried the CMD admin method, then the shift+restart one, now i did the shift+restart one again, but with Command Prompt. I tried changing my account from there, but it refuses to. i put in my microsoft password, didn't enter anything at all, and i even tried putting in "chkdsk C:", it didnt work either. any idea how to fix this account corruption?

:)

es ncyb, Jan 29, 2023

2. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: Add or remove accounts on your PC - Microsoft Support

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jan 29, 2023
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 29, 2023
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

1. how do i fix this account corruption? - Similar Threads - fix account corruption

2. how do I fix a corrupted file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix a corrupted file?: I ran SFC /Scannow and it says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." and when I looked in my CBS log it was d3d10warp.dll that was corrupted. I am wondering how to fix this. I am running a 64-bit Windows 10 system...
  3. how do I fix a corrupted file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I fix a corrupted file?: I ran SFC /Scannow and it says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." and when I looked in my CBS log it was d3d10warp.dll that was corrupted. I am wondering how to fix this. I am running a 64-bit Windows 10 system...
  4. how do I fix a corrupted file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I fix the corrupt files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the corrupt files?: My Laptop keeps crashing at different times and always with a different error code. It might work for some time, but then randomly just crash. I ran the windows resource protection and it found some corrupt files, but was unable to fix them. I was met with the following...
  6. How do I fix the corrupt files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix the corrupt files?: My Laptop keeps crashing at different times and always with a different error code. It might work for some time, but then randomly just crash. I ran the windows resource protection and it found some corrupt files, but was unable to fix them. I was met with the following...
  7. How do I fix a potentially corrupted profile?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I fix a potentially corrupted profile?: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account/7c22bc15-ff1b-4761-97a1-351199728ae2https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account/8456d147-07a5-4aba-ab57-e9fc25b79e76The two links...
  8. how do i fix this account corruption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix this account corruption?: so, i was trying to log into a fresh new account without any password set, and as soon as i click "Log in", it throws me back to the welcome page. Ive tried the CMD admin method, then the shift+restart one, now i did the shift+restart one again, but with Command Prompt. I...
  9. how do i fix this account corruption?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i fix this account corruption?: so, i was trying to log into a fresh new account without any password set, and as soon as i click "Log in", it throws me back to the welcome page. Ive tried the CMD admin method, then the shift+restart one, now i did the shift+restart one again, but with Command Prompt. I...
  10. Corrupt File and I do not know how to fix it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corrupt File and I do not know how to fix it.: This is what is shows me when I check my disk through command prompt. C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk The type of the file system is NTFS. WARNING! /F parameter not specified. Running CHKDSK in read-only mode. Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... Attribute record C0,...