Windows 10: How do I fix this blue screen of death? Error code: Critical service failed

Discus and support How do I fix this blue screen of death? Error code: Critical service failed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't get into windows, no restore point, dism online cleanup-image restorehealth is not a know command.I use a Lenovo LOQ laptop My prior actions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jacob Woodward1, Apr 22, 2024.

1. How do I fix this blue screen of death? Error code: Critical service failed

I can't get into windows, no restore point, dism online cleanup-image restorehealth is not a know command.I use a Lenovo LOQ laptop My prior actions were as follows:I was uninstalling programs in order to make my laptop run better but when I tried to run faceit anti cheat it crashed, so I tried The finals with easy anti cheat and it crashed. So I went and tried to restore my laptop to a previous state because I checked a setting to create a restore point before deleting something and it crashed. Here I I'm trying to resolve it, please help.Extra information: I'm sure I'm on the latest driver

:)

Jacob Woodward1, Apr 22, 2024

2. blue screen of death and the error code is critical process died.

I have a blue screen of death and the error code is critical process died. Can't get to anything but cmd prompt. The scan cmds and repair cmds don't help.

GeorgiaMadden, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Benyamin Win User
    Blue screen of death stopcode – CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED

On June 29th, as usual I was playing a heavily modded Skyrim that freezes and crashes a lot. I decided to stop playing and started photoshop to edit some screenshots from the game, but when I opened it, it gave me an error that said:

“Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporary disabled enhancements which use the graphics hardware.”

I clicked ok, and I was able to continue so I ignored the error and kept using photoshop. There was some screen tearing, but nothing else happened. After about half an hour I opened Microsoft Word 2016, and suddenly I got an error as well that said:

“Were sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result.”

Attachment 142060

I realized this is a serious problem, and restarted my computer. During boot up I got the blue screen of death, and windows tried to automatically do a startup repair but it failed multiple times. After trying out different startup options the only one that has worked so far is, disable driver signiture enforcement.

Every time I restart or start the pc, I have to repeat the process, and some things don’t even start like device manager and windows defender.

The device manager error:
    Attachment 142059

the windows defender error:
    Attachment 142061

Things I have tried are:

1. “sfc /scannow” found corrupted files, but it failed to repair some of them.
    2. Windows restore fails too.
    3. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and Restorehealth didn’t do anything either.
    4. I also realized my page file size was set to 400mb, when changed it to a higher number it temporary let me open device manager, but now it doesn't work anymore.

The only thing I haven’t tried is to do a complete reset from boot menu, but if this is a hardware problem, then is a reset even worth it?

Benyamin, Apr 22, 2024
  4. How do I fix this blue screen of death? Error code: Critical service failed

Blue screen of death stopcode – CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED

On June 29th, as usual I was playing a heavily modded Skyrim that freezes and crashes a lot. I decided to stop playing and started photoshop to edit some screenshots from the game, but when I opened it, it gave me an error that said:

“Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporary disabled enhancements which use the graphics hardware.”

I clicked ok, and I was able to continue so I ignored the error and kept using photoshop. There was some screen tearing, but nothing else happened. After about half an hour I opened Microsoft Word 2016, and suddenly I got an error as well that said:

“Were sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result.”

I realized this is a serious problem, and restarted my computer. During boot up I got the blue screen of death, and windows tried to automatically do a startup repair but it failed multiple times. After trying out different startup options the only one that has worked so far is, disable driver enforcement.

Every time I restart or start the pc, I have to repeat the process, and some things don’t even start like device manager and windows defender.

Things I have tried are:

1. sfc /scannow found corrupted files, but it failed to repair some of them.

Link to sfcdetails.txt: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B766PFnrUO-Bd3JudUlnelpUM0k/view?usp=sharing
    2. Windows restore fails too.
    3. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and Restorehealth didn’t do anything either.
    4. I also realized my page file size was set to 400mb, when changed it to a higher number it temporary let me open device manager, but now it doesn't work anymore.

The only thing I haven’t tried is to do a complete reset from boot menu, but if this is a hardware problem, then is a reset even worth it?

How do I fix this blue screen of death? Error code: Critical service failed BWz1g.png

Benyamin Jeizan, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

How do I fix this blue screen of death? Error code: Critical service failed

1. How do I fix this blue screen of death? Error code: Critical service failed - Similar Threads - fix blue screen

2. How do I fix this blue screen of death? Error code: Critical service failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this blue screen of death? Error code: Critical service failed: I can't get into windows, no restore point, dism online cleanup-image restorehealth is not a know command.I use a Lenovo LOQ laptop My prior actions were as follows:I was uninstalling programs in order to make my laptop run better but when I tried to run faceit anti cheat it...
  3. How to fix a Blue screen of death - with no error code.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix a Blue screen of death - with no error code.: I have had this issue before and unfortunately no one was able to help me resolve it. I think mine is related to a controller I use for gaming. This is a separate issue, on my mom's laptop. She uses no peripherals at all and always gets the blue screen, sometimes in the...
  4. How to fix a Blue screen of death - with no error code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a Blue screen of death - with no error code.: I have had this issue before and unfortunately no one was able to help me resolve it. I think mine is related to a controller I use for gaming. This is a separate issue, on my mom's laptop. She uses no peripherals at all and always gets the blue screen, sometimes in the...
  5. How to fix a Blue screen of death - with no error code.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Blue Screen , CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED error fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen , CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED error fix: Ok so, Few Days Ago I Was Scouring Through System32 Folder, And Accidentally Deleted the catroot2 Folder Instead Of Temp Folder. Then i Used My Laptop For A Couple Of Hours. Next Day When I turned On My Laptop, It Boots To Blue Screen Error Showing CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED....
  7. Blue Screen , CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED error fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen , CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED error fix: Ok so, Few Days Ago I Was Scouring Through System32 Folder, And Accidentally Deleted the catroot2 Folder Instead Of Temp Folder. Then i Used My Laptop For A Couple Of Hours. Next Day When I turned On My Laptop, It Boots To Blue Screen Error Showing CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED....
  8. Blue Screen , CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED error fix

9. Blue screen - Critical service failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue screen - Critical service failed: Hi, I wondered if anyone could help me? I have a outdated now , Acer PC and have received the blue screen - Critical service failed. I cannot access the the usual screens as in the Microsoft blue screen advice, I cannot get into windows at all the options I have are: del:...
  10. Blue screen of death stopcode – CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED

Blue screen of death stopcode – CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED: On June 29th, as usual I was playing a heavily modded Skyrim that freezes and crashes a lot. I decided to stop playing and started photoshop to edit some screenshots from the game, but when I opened it, it gave me an error that said: “Photoshop has encountered a problem...