Windows 10: How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?

Discus and support How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had this weird thing show up on the bottom telling me the following: 10 files, Disk free space: 48.3GB And then Computer on the right corner.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CFalcon075, Nov 24, 2021.

1. How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?

I have had this weird thing show up on the bottom telling me the following: 10 files, Disk free space: 48.3GB And then Computer on the right corner.I will circle it in red with what I am talking about, this is very confusing and I don't know where to begin with fixing this. Please help me out, thanks!

:)

CFalcon075, Nov 24, 2021
  2. vinceip Win User

Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?

1. How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom? - Similar Threads - Fix File Explorer

2. How do I fix this error in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this error in File Explorer?: While I was grabbing some files, I accidentally moved something to quick access. No when I click on the "Documents" folder, it shows the error message below....
  3. How do I fix this error in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix this error in File Explorer?: While I was grabbing some files, I accidentally moved something to quick access. No when I click on the "Documents" folder, it shows the error message below....
  4. How do I fix "file Explorer?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "file Explorer?": I have a samsung laptop. It appears they have microsoft products integrated into the operating system. Everything I was saving etc... was being saved to a "one drive" folder. I don't want that. I removed one drive from my laptop and now, when I go to "file explorer" it says...
  5. How do I fix "file Explorer?"

How do I fix "file Explorer?": I have a samsung laptop. It appears they have microsoft products integrated into the operating system. Everything I was saving etc... was being saved to a "one drive" folder. I don't want that. I removed one drive from my laptop and now, when I go to "file explorer" it says...
  6. How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?: I have had this weird thing show up on the bottom telling me the following: 10 files, Disk free space: 48.3GB And then Computer on the right corner.I will circle it in red with what I am talking about, this is very confusing and I don't know where to begin with fixing this....
  7. How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?

How Do I Fix This File Explorer Thingy On The Bottom?: I have had this weird thing show up on the bottom telling me the following: 10 files, Disk free space: 48.3GB And then Computer on the right corner.I will circle it in red with what I am talking about, this is very confusing and I don't know where to begin with fixing this....
  8. How do I fix File Explorer permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix File Explorer permissions: Ever since I updated my OS this has been happening. It always asks for permission whatever I may do. What should I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-file-explorer-permissions/26017dc2-77cc-40c9-863e-98cbcc550b94
  9. Weird Grey Bar Thingy? How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Grey Bar Thingy? How do I fix it?: In the top right corner of my desktop there's this weird grey rectangle that continually appears and hides my icons until I double-click it. What is it and how do I rid myself of it?[ATTACH]...
  10. How do I have Windows File Explorer show file info at bottom?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I have Windows File Explorer show file info at bottom?: In the last couple days I've noticed that my Windows Explorer no longer displays a panel with file info on selected files. Image resolution, Video resolution, that sort of thing. The bottom bar shows me file size but I'm looking for a bit more info that's quickly accessible....