Windows 10: How do I fix this grey border issue on some icons? It should be transparent

Discus and support How do I fix this grey border issue on some icons? It should be transparent in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mitterb [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mitterb, Apr 7, 2021.

1. How do I fix this grey border issue on some icons? It should be transparent

/u/mitterb, Apr 7, 2021
  2. u01jmg3 Win User

Issue in Windows 10 with lack of icon transparency for System icons

How do I fix this grey border issue on some icons? It should be transparent wv1TT.png

Just started using Windows 10 and I'm seeing that system icons are not transparent and instead I'm seeing the white and grey placeholder background (chequerboard) you usually see to indicate a background is transparent.

Other icons such as the Chrome icon are unaffected by this issue.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

u01jmg3, Apr 7, 2021
  3. EveTater Win User
    Certain desktop icons suddenly changed sizes with new grey borders

At some point recently, with no relation to anything I was doing (can't remember exactly what I was doing but it was either playing games on steam I've played before, working on word docs, or letting the computer sit afk) a bunch of icons on my desktop shrunk and have a grey border attached. The issue is that not all of them shrunk, there seems to be no reasoning to which ones shrunk. When I set icon sizes to small it removes the grey border and they all seem to be the same size, however my icons are normally at medium, a kind of necessity with a 2k monitor. The only answer I've found (to change the size of all of them to small) simply won't do. I've heard there's no way to individually change sizes of icons however they're different sizes now so there must be some way. I have already tried messing around with icon sizes from Ctrl+scroll, any increment larger than small adds the border and shows a size difference between icons, anything smaller than medium is much smaller than my usual desktop sizes.

EveTater, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Mingjai Win User

How do I fix this grey border issue on some icons? It should be transparent

Grey Borders in Photos App

I've started having this exact same problem on my Surface Pro 3 when Windows updated my Photos app to version 2018.18031.15040.0. The grey borders occur on the left, right, and bottom of the image when the app is a window, in maximized mode, or in split-screen
    mode. It is only when the app is in full-screen mode that the border disappears.

Mingjai, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

How do I fix this grey border issue on some icons? It should be transparent

1. How do I fix this grey border issue on some icons? It should be transparent - Similar Threads - fix grey border

2. Mouse Without Borders - Transparent Box Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders - Transparent Box Issue: So I have Mouse Without Borders installed on two different machines, and every once in a while when moving the mouse from one computer to another, a little transparent box will appear on one screen and get stuck there indefinitely unless I reset the computer. Does anyone know...
  3. Mouse Without Borders - Transparent Box Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Without Borders - Transparent Box Issue: So I have Mouse Without Borders installed on two different machines, and every once in a while when moving the mouse from one computer to another, a little transparent box will appear on one screen and get stuck there indefinitely unless I reset the computer. Does anyone know...
  4. Mouse Without Borders - Transparent Box Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?: I restart explorer.exe, then my desktop/icons look like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-desktopicons-issue/0d95ed22-4040-4d8c-9154-b6e4c626e96f
  6. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?: I restart explorer.exe, then my desktop/icons look like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-desktopicons-issue/0d95ed22-4040-4d8c-9154-b6e4c626e96f
  7. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. i am getting transparent suare border over start icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am getting transparent suare border over start icon: whenever I hover on that box loading symbol appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-transparent-suare-border-over-start/acc8529a-bf02-44ae-be71-911cacd961af
  9. Issue with Microsoft Photos grey borders

Issue with Microsoft Photos grey borders: Hello dear community.Recently i've noticed a change which i kind of certain wasn't here before.The issue is with Microsoft Photos grey borders."It never gets to full-screen"Here is an example:Here is a photo which is 1920.1080 my current display resolutionsEven when i click...
  10. How do I fix my taskbar transparency?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix my taskbar transparency?: My taskbar is completely transparent on one monitor and very opaque on the other. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/SpaceEngineX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2odhn/how_do_i_fix_my_taskbar_transparency/