Windows 10: How do I fix this? I tried to make the desktop name blank but some of the icons disappear...

Discus and support How do I fix this? I tried to make the desktop name blank but some of the icons disappear... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CaptainCrispy99 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CaptainCrispy99, Jan 12, 2021.

1. How do I fix this? I tried to make the desktop name blank but some of the icons disappear...

/u/CaptainCrispy99, Jan 12, 2021
  2. O0mix0O Win User
    O0mix0O, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Disappearing/Blank icons on desktop?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer the below questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you getting any Error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

• Did you install all the pending updates?
    Since you are facing issues with disappearing icons, you may run the SFC and DISM command and check if it helps to fix the issue.

I suggest you to run System file checker.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

1. Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

2. In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

For icons flickering issue, I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers and check.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

1. Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand ‘Display Adapters’.

3. Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

4. Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.

5. Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

If you are not signed in as an administrator:

Sign out from the current user account, restart the PC and login to the administrator account to check if that helps.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I would recommend you to check for latest Windows Updates. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates. If you have any pending updates remaining to install, kindly install them and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Deepak Kodi, Jan 12, 2021
  4. JH17-23 Win User

How do I fix this? I tried to make the desktop name blank but some of the icons disappear...

Disappearing/Blank icons on desktop?

About 2 months ago I got a brand new PC and for about the last month and a half the icons on the desktop have been disappearing/turning into the "blank page" icon at random. This has been happening to a lot; from games via the Windows store, Internet shortcuts
    to general applications (i.e. Twitter). Sometimes it's on start up or sometimes it just happens during general use. This morning Skype went blank in the task bar and Twitter and a Windows Store game were blank on the desktop. I also started noticing the entire
    desktop was sort of 'refreshing' itself and the icons were flickering. The way i'm currently getting around it is placing custom .ico files or removing the shortcut from the desktop and then re-adding it from the start menu.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

JH17-23, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

How do I fix this? I tried to make the desktop name blank but some of the icons disappear...

1. How do I fix this? I tried to make the desktop name blank but some of the icons disappear... - Similar Threads - fix tried desktop

2. Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.: Today after restarting my computer I noticed that some of my desktop icons have disappeared. I checked and I still have the files. I have tried rebuilding the icon cache and my only restore point is from after the problem started. Does anyone know what to do?...
  3. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?: I restart explorer.exe, then my desktop/icons look like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-desktopicons-issue/0d95ed22-4040-4d8c-9154-b6e4c626e96f
  4. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?: I restart explorer.exe, then my desktop/icons look like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-desktopicons-issue/0d95ed22-4040-4d8c-9154-b6e4c626e96f
  5. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. guys how do i fix the blank icons i tried everything any ideas

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    guys how do i fix the blank icons i tried everything any ideas: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kokoloko35 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mee7zb/guys_how_do_i_fix_the_blank_icons_i_tried/
  7. How do I make the icons on my desktop smaller?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make the icons on my desktop smaller?: So I recently unplugged my second monitor's hdmi, used a different monitor, and then plugged the original one back in. The result was the icons i had on both monitors swapped monitors, and also they're all bigger now. To get the icons back to the right monitors though I just...
  8. My desktop icons keep changing to blank icons. How could I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My desktop icons keep changing to blank icons. How could I fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cryborg2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egccj3/my_desktop_icons_keep_changing_to_blank_icons_how/
  9. how do i make my files save as blank icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i make my files save as blank icons: I keep getting my files saved as .torrent and I don't want that. I need them to save like this. help would be very nice thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-files-save-as-blank-icons/4f9d6a8a-6f50-44fd-adbd-5f147f4fa9a7"
  10. How do I make a www address a desktop icon?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make a www address a desktop icon?: I'd like to have a few frequently used web pages as icons on my desktop. How do I do this in win 10? 17217