Windows 10: How do I fix this...It was going on prior to clean install...and is still going on

Discus and support How do I fix this...It was going on prior to clean install...and is still going on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I keep getting a CMD box popping up randomly with this text FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\acer\updater2\updater2.xml The system cannot find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FelixVaughnFoxy, May 21, 2020.

1. How do I fix this...It was going on prior to clean install...and is still going on

I keep getting a CMD box popping up randomly with this text

FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\acer\updater2\updater2.xml

The system cannot find the path specified.

Cannot access file C:\Program Files\DriverSetupUtility\FUB\+

FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\packard bell\updater2\updater2.xml

FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\gateway\updater2\updater2.xml

FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\founder\updater2\updater2.xml

submitted by /u/FelixVaughnFoxy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FelixVaughnFoxy, May 21, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 21, 2020
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • How do I fix this...It was going on prior to clean install...and is still going on [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

• How do I fix this...It was going on prior to clean install...and is still going on [​IMG]
    3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. How do I fix this...It was going on prior to clean install...and is still going on

Laptop (Windows 10) frozen - won't go to sleep or shut down properly

Hi,

To resolved your issue with shutting down your computer, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Did you make any changes on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Is the computer also freezing when you restart it?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform a clean boot with the steps on this
    link

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual
    after troubleshooting with clean boot of the KB article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 21, 2020
Thema:

How do I fix this...It was going on prior to clean install...and is still going on

1. How do I fix this...It was going on prior to clean install...and is still going on - Similar Threads - fix was going

2. Is this install error going to be fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this install error going to be fixed?: Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.1.2402.1741Install error - 0x80070103 Running Windows 11 - up to date as of today.Received this error while updating my laptop today. I found out that it is for an installed driver. I really didn't want to install anything...
  3. Is this install error going to be fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this install error going to be fixed?: Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.1.2402.1741Install error - 0x80070103 Running Windows 11 - up to date as of today.Received this error while updating my laptop today. I found out that it is for an installed driver. I really didn't want to install anything...
  4. How do I go back to windows 10 after doing a clean install of windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go back to windows 10 after doing a clean install of windows 7: So I thought it would be cool to install windows 7 on a bootable usb on my main hard drive but it wasn't. How do I get windows 10 back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-go-back-to-windows-10-after-doing-a-clean/e9fd6bbb-68cd-4ab4-bb98-c6a2225eb31a
  5. How do I go back to windows 10 after doing a clean install of windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I go back to windows 10 after doing a clean install of windows 7: So I thought it would be cool to install windows 7 on a bootable usb on my main hard drive but it wasn't. How do I get windows 10 back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-go-back-to-windows-10-after-doing-a-clean/e9fd6bbb-68cd-4ab4-bb98-c6a2225eb31a
  6. What am I going to lose with a clean install?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What am I going to lose with a clean install?: I just bought an external hard drive to backup all my important files, etc. because I think I need to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows. I've had many issues, including Windows updates that won't install. 1) Can someone tell me if I should use the Windows backup utility or...
  7. how do i fix chrome no going full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i fix chrome no going full screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tuvok423 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqgql3/how_do_i_fix_chrome_no_going_full_screen/
  8. What is going on and how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is going on and how do I fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Thehang [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2lxdo/what_is_going_on_and_how_do_i_fix_this/
  9. Clean install - the only way to go!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install - the only way to go!: It has taken me twenty-nine days to figure out that I was just plain wrong in my assumptions regarding Windows 10. I had accepted the hype about the ease that this OS would bring to me. What I should have done was read more carefully and then chosen more wisely the way I went...
  10. Can I go back and just do a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I go back and just do a clean install: I originally followed the path to upgrade my 8.1 Pro to Windows 10. Everything went fine and I created the USB during the process. Activation was OK. Then after a few days and some unusual problems I reloaded my last Image of 8.1 Pro. Question is Can I go back and just do a...