Windows 10: How Do I fix This Please?

Discus and support How Do I fix This Please? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm only new to windows 10 but I am worried about what I see here. I do not own a mobile phone that is connected to Virgin for a start. I also seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MadamCommerce, Apr 3, 2016.

1. How Do I fix This Please?

I'm only new to windows 10 but I am worried about what I see here. I do not own a mobile phone that is connected to Virgin for a start. I also seem to get other funny connections that are not mine similar to the Virgin Mobile one you can see below on the image.

How Do I fix This Please? [​IMG]

Funny thing is when I click on my internet connection icon that looks a bit like a hand fan or slice of cake *Smile
    and I click on the name - say the virgin mobile one in the image above and I untick the box that says "connect automatically". I go from having three bars on my internet connection icon to four like it shows on the below image.

Is this because some one else is using my internet connection or not please? For some reason when I only have three or two bars lit up on my internet connection icon my internet slows down.

My last question is IF other people are using my internet connection how do I put a stop to this please?
    I have repassworded by router. I have had a look through the wi fi settings but cannot seem to be able to fix the problem I am experiencing above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Although I am NOT computer illiterate I am only new to windows ten and have never came across this sort of thing before so it is strange to me. My internet provider said it was nothing to worry about but I am not so sure.

Thanks every one. *Smile

:)

MadamCommerce, Apr 3, 2016

2. how do i fix this

Hello,

We need log files(called dump files) that tell us what lead to crash.

Please share them with us for a better analysis of the problem. Instructions can be found here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 3, 2016
  3. how do i fix this

Hi rouyenmhamdi, I am Rob, a volunteer and a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as volunteers we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and drivers.

Here is how to post the DMP files as well as methods to fix the issue.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/t...

We can analyze the minidumps if you make them available from the OneDrive or other file sharing sites (such as MediaFire). If you have problems uploading the minidumps copy them to the Desktop or the Documents folder and upload them from there.

One-Drive - Share files and folders and change permissions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/sha...

Upload photos and files

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/add...

Zip or upload the contents of C:\Windows\minidump

Use OneDrive to upload collected files

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-U...

-----

Updating to the latest video driver or possibly reverting back to an older version usually corrects the issue.

Download the latest and any other older driver you wish to try from the System/Motherboard Maker's Site and also check the actual video device maker (such as Intel, Nvidia or AMD/ATI). Do not install yet.

Make a Restore Point :

Start - type in --> Restore ......... find at top and click on - then use Create

Use this method to remove the present video drivers.

Display Driver Uninstaller

Guru3D.com...

Then install the desired driver you previously downloaded.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Apr 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How Do I fix This Please?

Hi, possibly this (which you can turn off as I have)

If you want to check on networks around you try this (one of several such programs)

dalchina, Apr 3, 2016
  5. Thanks dalchina I have done all that but I still seem to be getting what I have stated above in my first post! I have no idea why. *Sad

MadamCommerce, Apr 3, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, well, I see the same thing, but clearly if the router is secured, you don't have access, and it won't be connected. That the possible networks are listed is reasonable, so you have the option to connect to a new network. What you don't want is to automatically connect unknowingly to someone else's network when your data could be intercepted.

I noted that for the two in my area that are Open, 'Connect Automatically' is not checked.

dalchina, Apr 3, 2016
  7. lmaneke Win User
    If there are other routers that may be near by or at a different residence your WIFI adapter will pick up the WIFI SSIDs from those routers.

Ok to your router. What is the name of the SSID for your router? You say the virgin mobile is not your router.

Do you have your router set to automatically broadcast your SSID within your home? Some routers do not have that on by default, which means you would have to manually go into Windows network settings and manually set up the SSID, security key, etc.

I wonder if your router isn't broadcasting correctly

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How Do I fix This Please?

1. How Do I fix This Please? - Similar Threads - fix Please

2. Please fix your internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please fix your internet connection: How do I remove the red error message "please check your internet connection" on top of my Infinix screen when browsing? My network is ok but the error message won't go away...
  3. Please fix your internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please fix your internet connection: How do I remove the red error message "please check your internet connection" on top of my Infinix screen when browsing? My network is ok but the error message won't go away...
  4. How to fix "Repair Version of Windows not found, please try again later" so that I can fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix "Repair Version of Windows not found, please try again later" so that I can fix...: I've recently been getting WerFault.exe errors and when I searched how to fix that, people suggested to fix the problem using Windows Update. I went into System > Recovery and hovered over to the "Fix problems using windows update" option and clicked "Reinstall now". When I...
  5. Please help me fix my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me fix my laptop: So, yesterday I was trying to install Android TV os on my laptop, and to do that I had to create a bootable USB, which I don't have, then, I just used Minitool Partition Wizard To Split The S: Partition Into Two, and it said it's currently in use, then it told me to restart,...
  6. How to fix "Repair Version of Windows not found, please try again later" so that I can fix...

How to fix "Repair Version of Windows not found, please try again later" so that I can fix...: I've recently been getting WerFault.exe errors and when I searched how to fix that, people suggested to fix the problem using Windows Update. I went into System > Recovery and hovered over to the "Fix problems using windows update" option and clicked "Reinstall now". When I...
  7. Please help me fix my laptop

Please help me fix my laptop: So, yesterday I was trying to install Android TV os on my laptop, and to do that I had to create a bootable USB, which I don't have, then, I just used Minitool Partition Wizard To Split The S: Partition Into Two, and it said it's currently in use, then it told me to restart,...
  8. Please help me fix my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 11 Reset Process - Stuck in a Boot Loop Please help me with any fixes

Windows 11 Reset Process - Stuck in a Boot Loop Please help me with any fixes: Wanted to Reset my ASUS TUF FX505GD for a fresh install of Windows and proceeded with the method thru the Settings > Reset > Reinstall Windows from Local Copy.This went on fine with my reset and then during the install phase at around 64%, it randomly took me to the UEFI/BIOS...
  10. Windows 11 Reset Process - Stuck in a Boot Loop Please help me with any fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Reset Process - Stuck in a Boot Loop Please help me with any fixes: Wanted to Reset my ASUS TUF FX505GD for a fresh install of Windows and proceeded with the method thru the Settings > Reset > Reinstall Windows from Local Copy.This went on fine with my reset and then during the install phase at around 64%, it randomly took me to the UEFI/BIOS...