Windows 10: How do i fix this?was trying to install an older version of directx for a game

Discus and support How do i fix this?was trying to install an older version of directx for a game in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ionut88888 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ionut88888, Jun 3, 2020.

1. How do i fix this?was trying to install an older version of directx for a game

/u/ionut88888, Jun 3, 2020
  2. HankBlum4 Win User

older games and DirectX

How do I get older games, specifically Age of Empires, that run on older versions of DirectX to run on current versions of DirectX in Windows 10?

HankBlum4, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Internal Error while installing older version of DirectX on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to install the older version of DirectX on Windows 10 as you want to play some old games.

Windows 10 comes with the latest version of DirectX pre-installed. Ideally, this higher version of DirectX is backward compatible. Hence, I would suggest you to try run the game in compatibility mode and check if that helps. You can refer this article
    to
    make old programs compatible with this version of Windows
    and see if it works for you.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 4, 2020
  4. How do i fix this?was trying to install an older version of directx for a game

DIrect x on older versions?

I currently have DirectX 12, and I was trying to play some games that installed older versions of DirectX, but would always fail and require a manual download. So I try that, but every single version always has the same error, saying that there was internal
    error. It seems this is for every game that needs older versions of it. Any way to fix it?

Big Post Goat, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

How do i fix this?was trying to install an older version of directx for a game

1. How do i fix this?was trying to install an older version of directx for a game - Similar Threads - fix was trying

2. How do I fix the directx crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the directx crash?: Every time I play cod and only cod my game crashes due to DirectX crashing? I've went as far as buying a whole new prebuilt gaming pc and it's still happening. If there is anybody that can help with this, please reach back out....
  3. How do I fix the directx crash?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix the directx crash?: Every time I play cod and only cod my game crashes due to DirectX crashing? I've went as far as buying a whole new prebuilt gaming pc and it's still happening. If there is anybody that can help with this, please reach back out....
  4. How do I repair DirectX 12 if the DirectX Installer says that I already have the last version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I repair DirectX 12 if the DirectX Installer says that I already have the last version: After running diagnostics, I have detected that one of the .dll components of DirectX 12 is corrupt, so I need to reinstall DirectX 12.The problem is that DirectX 12 comes pre-installed with Windows 10 and cannot be uninstalled. When I try to use the DirectX installer, it...
  5. How do I repair DirectX 12 if the DirectX Installer says that I already have the last version

How do I repair DirectX 12 if the DirectX Installer says that I already have the last version: After running diagnostics, I have detected that one of the .dll components of DirectX 12 is corrupt, so I need to reinstall DirectX 12.The problem is that DirectX 12 comes pre-installed with Windows 10 and cannot be uninstalled. When I try to use the DirectX installer, it...
  6. How do i downgrade to a older version?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i downgrade to a older version?: Ever since they forced me to upgrade to 1903, i am suffering from huge amounts of input lag, the performance of my games have dropped significantly aswell. I tried upgrading to 1909 with the same results. I was completely fine on 1709 until they forced me, i want to try 1809...
  7. DirectX not installing while trying to install a game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX not installing while trying to install a game: Hello, I am having an issue trying to install a game from Steam (Rocket League). After the game is downloaded into the library and I try to start the game for the first time, I get a pop-up window stating "Performing first time setup... Installing: Microsoft DirectX for...
  8. Internal Error while installing older version of DirectX on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Error while installing older version of DirectX on Windows 10: Hello, I have been trying to install old versions of directx in order to play some older games. I have been consistently getting an "internal error" when trying to use directx installation tools. I have tried both the DirectX End-User Runtimes file, and the web installer...
  9. new hp omen, can not install older directx versions (DirectX Setup: An internal system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new hp omen, can not install older directx versions (DirectX Setup: An internal system...: I just got a new hp omen, windows 10, nvidea 1070. I tried reinstalling my steam games and the ones that force a directx install all fail with the error message: "directx setup: an internal system error occurred Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows...
  10. How to install a older version of Apps?

How to install a older version of Apps?: Hi, I need to install a previous version of Microsoft Sticky Notes, last version is not good. Where to find it and Download it? Thanks 68878