Windows 10: How do I fix windows search bar and setting?

Discus and support How do I fix windows search bar and setting? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, Recently my windows search bar broke meaning i can't type anything at all and even the settings wont work, Its either it opens up and crashes or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Silvia Harvey, Nov 12, 2022.

1. How do I fix windows search bar and setting?

Hi, Recently my windows search bar broke meaning i can't type anything at all and even the settings wont work, Its either it opens up and crashes or when it opens up the screen is blank, I already tried scanning my pc but it says there are some curropt files that cant be removed and I even tried media creation tool but it says there was an error running the tool. I can update my windows either nor go to my security settings or any settings at all without it crashing or remaining a blank screen, What do I do? Idk if it could be a virus or not but ive been working on this for 14 hours straight,

:)

Silvia Harvey, Nov 12, 2022
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Nov 12, 2022
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Nov 12, 2022
  4. How do I fix windows search bar and setting?

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 12, 2022
Thema:

How do I fix windows search bar and setting?

1. How do I fix windows search bar and setting? - Similar Threads - fix search bar

2. There's no search bar for the widows button. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's no search bar for the widows button. How do I fix this?: When you press the windows buttopn, the only way to find apps is through the alphebetical shelf. I've looked up way to fix it, but they all involve rightcliking the task bar and clicking on the "search" option or the "Show search bar" option, both of which I do not see.My...
  3. There's no search bar for the widows button. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There's no search bar for the widows button. How do I fix this?: When you press the windows buttopn, the only way to find apps is through the alphebetical shelf. I've looked up way to fix it, but they all involve rightcliking the task bar and clicking on the "search" option or the "Show search bar" option, both of which I do not see.My...
  4. There's no search bar for the widows button. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How Do I Fix My Windows Key and Search Bar?

How Do I Fix My Windows Key and Search Bar?: Neither the Windows key on my keyboard nor the Windows button in my taskbar have any response when I press them. Also, the search bars in both my taskbar and files are unresponsive and I cannot type anything into them. I have tried a variety of fixes from the internet and...
  6. How do I fix windows search bar and setting?

How do I fix windows search bar and setting?: Hi, Recently my windows search bar broke meaning i can't type anything at all and even the settings wont work, Its either it opens up and crashes or when it opens up the screen is blank, I already tried scanning my pc but it says there are some curropt files that cant be...
  7. How do I fix the start menu, the search bar and the setting application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the start menu, the search bar and the setting application?: Just a few hours ago I've reset my pc which I do quite often however after having done it I've come across something that never happened to me before... after start up I noticed that the start menu, the settings and the search bar weren't working at all. Everything else works...
  8. How do I fix the start menu, the search bar and the setting application?

How do I fix the start menu, the search bar and the setting application?: Just a few hours ago I've reset my pc which I do quite often however after having done it I've come across something that never happened to me before... after start up I noticed that the start menu, the settings and the search bar weren't working at all. Everything else works...
  9. How do I fix the start menu, the search bar and the setting application?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Search Bar not working how do i fix?

in Cortana
    Search Bar not working how do i fix?: when i click on the search bar and type something, only an empty box shows up. I've tried rebooting but the problem still persists. How do i fix this issue?...