Windows 10: How do i fix wrong screen display size?

Discus and support How do i fix wrong screen display size? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My setting is at 100% yet screen size is 125. I have up to date drivers and tried pressing the Control 0 keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by THOMASCONNOLLY, Jan 12, 2019.

1. How do i fix wrong screen display size?

My setting is at 100% yet screen size is 125. I have up to date drivers and tried pressing the Control 0 keys

:)

THOMASCONNOLLY, Jan 12, 2019

2. Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Size of display on screen

Hello

Thanks - I have tried this but I don't think this is the problem.....

If I follow these steps: control panel-personalisation-display, customise your display it then says "change the size of text, apps and other items" and this is set at 100% which is recommended.

However, with it set at 100% all the icons on the desktop are too small and when I open outlook the emails are very small to read, but if I open a webpage e.g. the Times newspaper, everything is the correct size but the page doesn't fit to the edges of the
    monitor screen like it used to.

So If i go back into control panel - personlisation etc and set the size of text to 125% (it won't let me set it anywhere between 100% and 125%), this makes the desktop icons the correct size, and emails are readable, but when I re-open the Times newspaper
    online everything has become too large and yet the page still doesnt fit to the edges of the monitor screen!

Any further suggestions?

NicolasHobbs, Jan 12, 2019
  4. How do i fix wrong screen display size?

Size of display on screen

Hello

Thanks - I have tried this but I don't think this is the problem..... Resolution is set at recommended level

If I follow these steps: control panel-personalisation-display, customise your display it then says "change the size of text, apps and other items" and this is set at 100% which is recommended.

However, with it set at 100% all the icons on the desktop are too small and when I open outlook the emails are very small to read, but if I open a webpage e.g. the Times newspaper, everything is the correct size but the page doesn't fit to the edges of the
    monitor screen like it used to.

So If i go back into control panel - personlisation etc and set the size of text to 125% (it won't let me set it anywhere between 100% and 125%), this makes the desktop icons the correct size, and emails are readable, but when I re-open the Times newspaper
    online everything has become too large and yet the page still doesnt fit to the edges of the monitor screen!

Any further suggestions?

NicolasHobbs, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

How do i fix wrong screen display size?

1. How do i fix wrong screen display size? - Similar Threads - fix wrong screen

2. How can I fix the Display Size on my Laptop if the Display Size is 500% and the Resolution...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix the Display Size on my Laptop if the Display Size is 500% and the Resolution...: I was messing around with my Laptop and set my resolution to 800x600 which didn't impact my computer that much but I didn't realise that setting my Display to 500% would just make my laptop unusable, I tried many tutorials and different methods and they didn't work, Please...
  3. How can I fix the Display Size on my Laptop if the Display Size is 500% and the Resolution...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix the Display Size on my Laptop if the Display Size is 500% and the Resolution...: I was messing around with my Laptop and set my resolution to 800x600 which didn't impact my computer that much but I didn't realise that setting my Display to 500% would just make my laptop unusable, I tried many tutorials and different methods and they didn't work, Please...
  4. Wrong screen size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong screen size: Hello! I have a laptop with wrong screen size. I updated display and video drivers. I have correct settings for screen resolution and text size, but I have an image is bigger than screen taskbar doesn't show because it is bottom. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  5. Wrong screen size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong screen size: Hello! I have a laptop with wrong screen size. I updated display and video drivers. I have correct settings for screen resolution and text size, but I have an image is bigger than screen taskbar doesn't show because it is bottom. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  6. Wrong file size displayed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong file size displayed: [ATTACH] I am getting this in my F drive. I updated windows, scanned it using Windows Defender Offline scan but still it's appearing like this. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-file-size-displayed/7d4b0e10-4611-4f3b-a497-abdc51e4c306"
  7. display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen?: display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-is-larger-than-screen-size-33-inch-how-do/9bab8ff4-8f5f-4ec1-80eb-fd3d95689858
  8. how to change display size to fit screen size

how to change display size to fit screen size: My display size is smaller than the screen size for some reason. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display-size-to-fit-screen-size/536b3fef-37cc-46af-b46c-f36ecb2602a0
  9. display is stuck on the charms screen. how do i fix it?

display is stuck on the charms screen. how do i fix it?: The charms screen is covering the full screen and I cannot get to the windows screen with icons. how do i change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-is-stuck-on-the-charms-screen-how-do-i-fix/bb5609fb-6649-4128-a57b-e582dc0fdeee
  10. External second display wrong size

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External second display wrong size: I have two extra displays connected to my laptop, and my largest one (technically a TV but whatever) is appearing the wrong size relative to my internal laptop display. My laptop's display is set to 1920x1080, and my TV is at a recommended 1366x768. Here are two pictures...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone screen sizes wrong