Windows 10: How do i force a local account to forget microsoft account and clear all personal...

Discus and support How do i force a local account to forget microsoft account and clear all personal... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all. I needed to test some game app from xbox app in Windows 10. Store asked to connect my account in order to download the needed app, and i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VAinc, Apr 16, 2019.

1. VAinc Win User

How do i force a local account to forget microsoft account and clear all personal...

Hi all.

I needed to test some game app from xbox app in Windows 10. Store asked to connect my account in order to download the needed app, and i required to login with microsoft account. Then my local account became associated with my microsoft account, i.g. it put my profile pic on login screen, runs at startup Skype with my acc automatically logged in etc..

When i finished testing the app i tried to detach microsoft account and remove all information from local account.

I've been trying all possible online guidances.

Uninstalling apps didn't help, erasing profile didn't help, manually removing profile pic didn't help.

I need help to do this.

Thanks.

:)

VAinc, Apr 16, 2019

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

How do i force a local account to forget microsoft account and clear all personal...

Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

I only use a local account, but that's not to say a Microsoft Account isn't useful - just my personal preference.

Even if you intend to use a Microsoft Account, one good argument for initially setting up a clean install on a PC with a local account is that you have full control over the name of the User folder for that account. If you set up a MS account initially it uses the first five character of the email address for the name of the user folder. A local account uses the full name you choose for the local account. It is easy to switch a local account to a MS account once you have signed in, but it is near-impossible to change the name of a user folder once it has been set up.

This is true, but you can avoid setting up the three security questions by the simple expedient of setting a blank password initially - no password to forget means no need for security questions. You can then set a password after the initial sign in without being forced to set any security questions.

Like Ken, I ALWAYS set up a second local administrator account which I use just for maintenance purposes.

Thema:

1. How do i force a local account to forget microsoft account and clear all personal... - Similar Threads - force local account

2. Do I have a local account or Microsoft account on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have a local account or Microsoft account on Windows?: Hi,When I start Windows and have to enter my password, I enter a password different from the one I use for my microsoft/hotmail account. Nonetheless, my Microsoft account is indicated as the user and my PC is included as a device on my microsoft account.Unfortunately, the...
  3. Do I have a local account or Microsoft account on Windows?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I have a local account or Microsoft account on Windows?: Hi,When I start Windows and have to enter my password, I enter a password different from the one I use for my microsoft/hotmail account. Nonetheless, my Microsoft account is indicated as the user and my PC is included as a device on my microsoft account.Unfortunately, the...
  4. How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?: I'm trying to change the "Local Account" status on a laptop PC. The option on the Settings -> Accounts page is to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". When I try to do that, the system also asks for my Windows 11 password which I don't have.How can I fix this problem...
  5. How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?: I'm trying to change the "Local Account" status on a laptop PC. The option on the Settings -> Accounts page is to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". When I try to do that, the system also asks for my Windows 11 password which I don't have.How can I fix this problem...
  6. how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account: microsoft store hijacked my accountall the tutorials say to press a button in settings but they removed it in a newer update for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-a-microsoft-account-to-a/f2bdb168-1e93-407e-8e4e-5874203a1272
  7. how do I delete a local microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I delete a local microsoft account: How do I delete a local account without losing the data attached to it...eg my son is using online learning from my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-local-microsoft-account/343b30b0-77d7-41ee-9e5a-93cf9709f237
  8. How do I unlink my local account from a Microsoft account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I unlink my local account from a Microsoft account?: Hello, I have what appears to be a common problem, as far as I can see, from searching about this issue but also one without a good resolution. I have a Windows 10 laptop. I am a local administrator and up until yesterday, there was no Microsoft account associated with...
  9. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account: When I first set up my computer I made a Windows account but I logged in using my Microsoft Account instead of making a local user account. I was wondering if there is anyway to change it to a local account after making the account, without loosing your data....
  10. How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?: While using my parents computer I logged in to the Feedback Hub app using the credentials for my Microsoft account. Now my account has been automatically linked with my parents local user profile. Our desktop wallpaper and other details are now being synced. I cannot see...