Windows 10: How Do I Force a Program To Use more ram

Discus and support How Do I Force a Program To Use more ram in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Apparently my computer Has 8 GM of Ram,And I brought a Game With Above average graphics and I have to Install It takes a whooping 5 hours.When I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sasidev, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Sasidev Win User

How Do I Force a Program To Use more ram

Apparently my computer Has 8 GM of Ram,And I brought a Game With Above average graphics and I have to Install It takes a whooping 5 hours.When I go to Task manager to see how much RAM that setup is using
    How Do I Force a Program To Use more ram [​IMG]
    .WTH? Only 750Mb...... Is there any way I can possibly force it to use a Gb or two So i can Install it quickly.I have already set priority to high.....

Please help...... Thanks in advance.....

:)

Sasidev, Jan 14, 2018

2. E71 - how do I force email client to use only Wifi?

Go in to Messages

Options - Settings - Email - Select Your Account - Connection Settings - Incoming Email - Access Point In Use - Set to desired WiFi

Do the same with Outgoing Email if needed too.

If you want to set it to use a selection of WiFi accounts, use the Smart Connect application that would have come with your phone - or can be downloaded via the Download Application

RichCowell, Jan 14, 2018
  3. E71 - how do I force email client to use only Wifi?

The email client that comes with the phone want to use my data connection to connect to the email server.

how do i set it to use wifi?

can i prevent it to access the data connection accidently?

thanks

tomer

tsaar---01, Jan 14, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

It's your disk that's the limitation. If you think you are suffering slow performance, first check your disk, its transfer rate, and run some diagnostic software on it.

E.g. Crystal Diskmark (speed), Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - is it ok.

dalchina, Jan 14, 2018
  5. Mystere Win User
    The problem is not the ram, it's your disk speed. Notice that it shows 99% disk in use. This means that the disk is the bottleneck.

The program will only use as much memory as it needs. You can't force it to use more, and even if you could it would not be likely to improve your speed of something like this.

Mystere, Jan 14, 2018
  6. Sasidev Win User
    I believe you get what info you want.......

Sasidev, Jan 14, 2018
  7. Golden Win User
    Thats a very slow mechanical HDD rated at 5,400 rpm. As others have said, the bottleneck is the disk (a SSD might allow you to relaise an improvement).

Golden, Jan 14, 2018
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jan 14, 2018
  9. Sasidev Win User
    Here you go,

I am installing the game in D drive so I tested D drive.
    the setup file is also in D Drive,Just so if it helps*Smile

Sasidev, Jan 14, 2018
  10. Bat 1 Win User
    Besides the slow mechanical laptop HDD, I also see quite a few tabs open in Chrome. If You can't get a SSD right now or a faster mechanical it would be a good idea to shut everything else you're doing down and let the Game install with full resources

Bat 1, Jan 14, 2018
  11. dalchina New Member

Here's mine for comparison (see my specs- a 1Tb HDD). The 3rd line is quite different to yours, for whatever reason. TOSHIBA MQ01AB0100 5400rpm.

- actually basically the same drive as yours. So the difference in the figures is surprising.

dalchina, Jan 14, 2018
  12. lx07 Win User
    If you look you are using an older version (version 5 vs 6). Your line 3 is Seq while @Sasidev has 4KB Q32T1. Installing a game should (I'd have thought) be sequential write as the installer just reads from source and writes to disk. There is no random about it. I don't know for sure without testing and so whether Seq or Q32T1 is the valid metric I dunno.

Anyway line 3 is different so you can't compare the numbers shown.

@Bat 1 is probably right though - turn everything off (so there is no contention which can cripple slow HDD) and let it finish.

13. dalchina New Member

@lxo7 - true- I just used the defaults.

dalchina, Jan 14, 2018
  14. Bree New Member
    Different versions with some different tests, you used 5.1.1, the OP used 6.0.0.

15. Sasidev Win User
    I believe this is the 6th time I am installing the game.....

I let it run on night.With nothing disturbing this.Still Same 5-7 hour. But an error stops me.But I have posted about that error in another thread which has no replies.

Sasidev, Jan 14, 2018
Thema:

1. How Do I Force a Program To Use more ram - Similar Threads - Force Program more

2. How do I open my pc to install more RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open my pc to install more RAM?: I would like to install more RAM correctly, and I can not find any tutorials on my computer model,; M01-F3214. If you could link me to a site, or give instructions on how to, that would be great. Thank You!...
  3. How do I open my pc to install more RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I open my pc to install more RAM?: I would like to install more RAM correctly, and I can not find any tutorials on my computer model,; M01-F3214. If you could link me to a site, or give instructions on how to, that would be great. Thank You!...
  4. How do I get more useable RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get more useable RAM?: My computer has 16GB of RAM installed but only has 12GB useable. How can I free up more RAM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-more-useable-ram/7dbf453a-6a01-4600-b993-6da50c673ff0
  5. How do I get more useable RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get more useable RAM?: My computer has 16GB of RAM installed but only has 12GB useable. How can I free up more RAM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-more-useable-ram/7dbf453a-6a01-4600-b993-6da50c673ff0
  6. How do I get more useable RAM?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Do I Need More RAM or A New Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Do I Need More RAM or A New Computer: Hi... I am having lots of issues with my Dell Latitude E7400 Intel Core i5, CPU @ 2.0GHz, 8GB RAM. My company forced a Windows 10 update with previous versions no longer being supported. I can do very little on my computer, running my applications barely and using my...
  8. Help how do i get more RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help how do i get more RAM?: i've been using dell for around 7 years now and i'm tired of playing minecraft in 24 FPS, Please teach me how to install more ram. submitted by /u/swanbp2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvab46/help_how_do_i_get_more_ram/
  9. How do I use more than 512GB of RAM with Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I use more than 512GB of RAM with Windows 10 Pro?: Hello, I own a server board with around 1.5TB of ram and would prefer to use Windows 10 with it, but I can only use 512gb in windows 10 pro? How do I increase this limit? Thank you....
  10. RAM use more and more

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM use more and more: Ram is consuming more and more altough i have 8 gb of ram. Even there is no program running or any high usage program is not running then also RAM stay above 6.8 or 7.1out of 7.9. Please help me in fixing this issue....