Windows 10: How do I force my Win10 laptop to use internal LTE card for internet when LAN is connected...

Discus and support How do I force my Win10 laptop to use internal LTE card for internet when LAN is connected... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell Latitude 5500 with a DW5820e IntelR 7360 LTE-A WWAN card. This works exactly as it should, I have "Let Windows keep me connected"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tweeter103, Apr 14, 2021.

1. How do I force my Win10 laptop to use internal LTE card for internet when LAN is connected...

I have a Dell Latitude 5500 with a DW5820e IntelR 7360 LTE-A WWAN card.

This works exactly as it should, I have "Let Windows keep me connected" ticked.

If I am at home, or office, the LTE card remains dormant allowing the LAN, or Wifi if I'm walking around, to provide the internet connection, and all is good.

However, if I am on a job site, I'm connected to the interned via the LTE, all good.

Then I need to connect the LAN to a piece of machinery to upgrade firmware, or to a network of devices that have no gateway, and definitely no possible connection to the world.

When I connect the LAN I get the "no internet access" message which is true, the machine has no other connections.

BUT, the perfectly working LTE connection decides that there is a LAN, and it should use that instead of my 4G data, and I loose connection to the world.

Disconnect the LAN to the machine, and the LTE reconnects to the world.

Totally repeatable, every time, plug in, no world, unplug, reconnects.

Often I still need to get information or additional firmware, from the internet, but have to physically disconnect the LAN.

Very boring.

Sure "Let Windows keep me connected" ticked should do just that, if the LAN has no internet access, then stick with the LTE.

If the world can be up the LAN, then yes, of course use it.

What am I missing?

Cheers

Peter

:)

tweeter103, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Access internet from 4G LTE connection and LAN simultaneously

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to access internet using the 4G LTE connection and the LAN connection simultaneously. However, only one network connection stays active at a time i.e. if you are using 4G LTE internet connection, the LAN connection will be
    disabled automatically.

We always appreciate your feedback and suggestions, as this allows us to enhance the User Interface and implement new features. Hence, I would suggest you to post your feedback or suggestions in Microsoft
    Feedback Hub so that our developing team can
    review your feedback and suggestions.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 14, 2021
  3. AHodges Win User
    Access internet from 4G LTE connection and LAN simultaneously

Hi, I'm using build 1709 on a new Panasonic CF33 and trying to use the built in 4G LTE mobile network to access the internet at the same time as using a LAN port to connect to some equipment that uses an IP address. It will not allow both network connections
    at the same time. When the SIM is active and connected to the internet the LAN port is disabled. Under windows 7 and a previous build of Windows 10 both connections would work ok. Anyone have any ideas as I am being told that Windows 10 prevents the dual
    connections rather than the laptop.

***Modified title from: Windows 10 4G LTE & LAN Connectivity***

AHodges, Apr 14, 2021
  4. akhlaq768 Win User

How do I force my Win10 laptop to use internal LTE card for internet when LAN is connected...

Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

I thought of that the other day... enter the same detail into the laptop... but no luck mate...

this laptop was connected to the internet via the wireless router... but the router died on me.. now im using the cable...

akhlaq768, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

How do I force my Win10 laptop to use internal LTE card for internet when LAN is connected...

1. How do I force my Win10 laptop to use internal LTE card for internet when LAN is connected... - Similar Threads - force Win10 laptop

2. Use LTE for internet will ethernet is connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use LTE for internet will ethernet is connected: Which are the steps i have to make in order to use LTE for internet while ethernet is connected for docking to my car?I use Windows 11 Version 22H2.Thank you....
  3. Use LTE for internet will ethernet is connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use LTE for internet will ethernet is connected: Which are the steps i have to make in order to use LTE for internet while ethernet is connected for docking to my car?I use Windows 11 Version 22H2.Thank you....
  4. getting BSOD when connecting to internet using a lan adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting BSOD when connecting to internet using a lan adapter: A few days back my laptop started getting BSOD unexpectedly. I did a full system reset and it worked just fine for some time. So I connected it to internet using a Lan adapter and it was still working fine. Then I checked if there are any updates to be installed and there...
  5. getting BSOD when connecting to internet using a lan adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting BSOD when connecting to internet using a lan adapter: A few days back my laptop started getting BSOD unexpectedly. I did a full system reset and it worked just fine for some time. So I connected it to internet using a Lan adapter and it was still working fine. Then I checked if there are any updates to be installed and there...
  6. getting BSOD when connecting to internet using a lan adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Access internet from 4G LTE connection and LAN simultaneously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access internet from 4G LTE connection and LAN simultaneously: Hi, I'm using build 1709 on a new Panasonic CF33 and trying to use the built in 4G LTE mobile network to access the internet at the same time as using a LAN port to connect to some equipment that uses an IP address. It will not allow both network connections at the same time....
  8. Windows 10 4G LTE & LAN Connectivity

Windows 10 4G LTE & LAN Connectivity: Hi, I'm using build 1709 on a new Panasonic CF33 and trying to use the built in 4G LTE mobile network to access the internet at the same time as using a LAN port to connect to some equipment that uses an IP address. It will not allow both network connections at the same time....
  9. LAN Says No Internet When it is connected!!!

LAN Says No Internet When it is connected!!!: Hi All, There is an issue in one of my system that it says No Internet when it is connected to LAN(In Domain). But it is getting the network(IP) and all the other stuffs are completely fine with network. Can anyone please share me the answer if you have come across this...
  10. WiFi connection Limited when not using Wireless LAN card

WiFi connection Limited when not using Wireless LAN card: Hello, as the titles says, if I connect to a WiFi using my laptop WiFi connection , the connection is unstable and sometimes the WiFi becomes limited. But if I use a Wireless LAN card (TP-LINK - 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter TW-WN721N) the WiFi becomes very stable and no...