Windows 10: how do I force small 48px icons to scale larger, matching the 256px

Discus and support how do I force small 48px icons to scale larger, matching the 256px in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; *backstory* I was fixing some blank steam icons with a github project, I was so pleased I took a screenshot, but then the program "flushed the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LucasKostenko, May 24, 2024.

1. how do I force small 48px icons to scale larger, matching the 256px

*backstory* I was fixing some blank steam icons with a github project, I was so pleased I took a screenshot, but then the program "flushed the icon cache" and all the icons that don't have 256 scaled down to their native 48px size, I was so mad I had to go down the rabbit hole, no one else cares or has this issuethe issue is I'm on a 1440p monitor, so a 48px img and a gray frame doesnt cut it anymore, give it to me scaled up, it wont get really blurry look at the righttldr - how do i get back to the screenshot on the right

:)

LucasKostenko, May 24, 2024

2. Icons suddenly larger at recommended scaling.

I recently had Windows reinstalled on my laptop after a driver failed. After getting things set up, I noticed that my taskbar gets filled up faster. Eventually, I also noted that certain apps looked cramped and, in some cases, blurrier too. I've tried
    changing the scaling option in the Display options from the recommended 125% to 100%, but it's way too small. Attempting custom scaling almost fixes it, but it makes icons even blurrier.

JakeClayton2, May 24, 2024
  3. How do I prevent icons from going higher than 48px?

I'm working an a Windows XP theme for one of my other laptops, and the icon set goes up to 48px and it doesn't look good on larger sizes such as large or extra large. Any fix? Thanks! OS: Windows 10 22h2

WilliamTucker, May 24, 2024
  4. cClinto Win User

how do I force small 48px icons to scale larger, matching the 256px

Windows 10 - How to make Task Bar Icons larger?

If you have read the posts, this quasi-answer has already been suggested. What the user is asking is how to change the taskbar icon size ONLY. Changing/scaling everything just makes things awkward and leaves those visually impaired at a strong disadvantage.
    This seems unintentionally discriminatory & should be addressed immediately. There is probably something in the ADA (American Disabilities Act) about this.

The icon size falls somewhere between the small and medium Microsoft standard published

HERE

The current scaling ratio of Icon and Padding needs to be at least 50% (small standard) given the taskbar size at modern resolution standard of around 1920x1080.

Therefore, this is a feature request so we should be directed where this request can be heard, seriously considered and implemented either by Microsoft or the user.

cClinto, May 24, 2024
Thema:

how do I force small 48px icons to scale larger, matching the 256px

1. how do I force small 48px icons to scale larger, matching the 256px - Similar Threads - force small 48px

2. how do I force small 48px icons to scale larger, matching the 256px

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I force small 48px icons to scale larger, matching the 256px: *backstory* I was fixing some blank steam icons with a github project, I was so pleased I took a screenshot, but then the program "flushed the icon cache" and all the icons that don't have 256 scaled down to their native 48px size, I was so mad I had to go down the rabbit...
  3. how to do icons in taskbar is small ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to do icons in taskbar is small ?: how to do icons in taskbar is small ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-icons-in-taskbar-is-small/0f79bda3-699a-4d5d-b235-f6d0e4f3a236
  4. how to do icons in taskbar is small ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to do icons in taskbar is small ?: how to do icons in taskbar is small ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-icons-in-taskbar-is-small/0f79bda3-699a-4d5d-b235-f6d0e4f3a236
  5. Print scale not matching preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print scale not matching preview: After setting the print scale in the Windows 11 print dialog, printed web pages on my HP Laserjet 1022 have suddenly started printing at a smaller scale than depicted in the preview. It has been fine up until today. MS Print to PDF works fine, printing as depicted in the...
  6. Icons are very small. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons are very small. How do I fix this?: All of the notifications are really small and I can't do anything.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-are-very-small-how-do-i-fix-this/69741f6b-9892-401a-8296-0532fcb3675d
  7. How do I make Taskbar icons larger?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make Taskbar icons larger?: The icons are too small for my old eyes. Can I enlarge them? Thank you. 166832
  8. Icons suddenly larger at recommended scaling.

Icons suddenly larger at recommended scaling.: I recently had Windows reinstalled on my laptop after a driver failed. After getting things set up, I noticed that my taskbar gets filled up faster. Eventually, I also noted that certain apps looked cramped and, in some cases, blurrier too. I've tried changing the scaling...
  9. Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar?

Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar?: I don't think this is possible but I really wish it was. I am using custom 48x48 icons and of course they're being forced down to 32x32 and look bad. One thing I hate in recent builds..and I haven't been able to find a solution, other than to use a dock rather than the...
  10. How do I upgrade small SSD to larger SSD for C drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I upgrade small SSD to larger SSD for C drive?: Hi, I need to upgrade my C drive from 256GB to 1TB. (both are SSD) I want to use Macrium Reflect Free Edition. Can I just create a system image onto an external drive, swap the drives, and reboot to restore the 256GB image onto the new 1TB drive? (instead of having both...