Windows 10: How do I force Windows to install the Windows 10 version 2004 update without admin rights?

Discus and support How do I force Windows to install the Windows 10 version 2004 update without admin rights? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For context, the laptop I want to install it on is a work laptop that gets updates over the internet. Microsoft had put a compatibility hold on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OverseerCave, Sep 10, 2020.

1. How do I force Windows to install the Windows 10 version 2004 update without admin rights?

For context, the laptop I want to install it on is a work laptop that gets updates over the internet.

Microsoft had put a compatibility hold on it (preventing it from getting the update) because of a buggy audio driver.

Now we got the driver updated to a safe one, but it still won’t take the update. None of the other known issues that put a hold affect this laptop. All the other Windows 10 computers and laptops at work have the 2004 update.

Is there anything I can do now or do I have to wait until my workplace assigns me an admin account to use?

submitted by /u/OverseerCave
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OverseerCave, Sep 10, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and GFE forcing 353.62 install

perfect a confirmation that i need to keep W7 Pro on my main rig.

tho that issue is weird... (oh well ... "beta" ... feelings)

anyway thanks @RCoon

GreiverBlade, Sep 10, 2020
  4. How do I force Windows to install the Windows 10 version 2004 update without admin rights?

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

How do I force Windows to install the Windows 10 version 2004 update without admin rights?

1. How do I force Windows to install the Windows 10 version 2004 update without admin rights? - Similar Threads - force install version

2. How do I install any Software without Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I install any Software without Admin Rights: How do i do install software without admin rights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-any-software-without-admin-rights/0b2fe6a3-9005-4f7c-8650-93a82f0f8aff
  3. How do I force update to Windows 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I force update to Windows 2004?: My laptop has had version 1909 for an entire year or more now. The May 2020 update never arrived for me and I don't know why. Now, I got a notification that my Windows version is close to not being supported. How do I update to a more recent version without removing my files?...
  4. Windows 10 Update Forced me to Update to 2004 Version

Windows 10 Update Forced me to Update to 2004 Version: I was doing a clean install of Windows 10 1909 yesterday and Windows Update told me I had to update to Windows 10 version 2004. I got the "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". Is there anyway around this or no? submitted by /u/gilby5 [link]...
  5. Windows is forcing me to update to 2004, how do I stop this?

Windows is forcing me to update to 2004, how do I stop this?: I am currently on 1903, I know support is going to end soon so I wanted to try to update to 1909 since it is not that big of a change. However, Windows is forcing me to download and install version 2004. Is there anyway I can get rid of the download and make it download 1909...
  6. Block Forced Update to version 2004?

Block Forced Update to version 2004?: Hello All, I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1903, 64-bit. Windows Update used to show the update to 2004 as an optional update. I've never selected this update. A couple of weeks ago, I suddenly got a notification to restart my computer to complete the update. Would you know,...
  7. Installation of update version 2004 for Windows 10

Installation of update version 2004 for Windows 10: Today, in Windows Update I've got a notice that version 2004 is ready to download and install on my version 1909. I started to download it, and it took more than 6 hoursMy PC is a quadcore, 16gb ram, 1tb HDD recently defragmented, 300MB internet conection. Once it finished,...
  8. Installing Windows 10, Version 2004 update

Installing Windows 10, Version 2004 update: I have tried to install the recent update, Windows 10, Version 2004, mulitiple time! It keeps showing failed attempt with code 0x800704c7. and it has stall updates at 94% and one attempt it stalled at 24%. Anybody know why I cannot complete the update install?...
  9. Windows 10 Version 2004 Update install

Windows 10 Version 2004 Update install: Hi. Windows 10 Version 2004 Update installed but it failed. Now my system has done a rollback to July 2019 with Windows 10 Version 1903 Update?? Why?...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 without admin rights

Upgrade to Windows 10 without admin rights: Hi Everyone, I am asking if I can upgrade my Windows 7 PC without admin rights. My office laptop is running Windows 7. As you all know, Windows 7 end of support is in a few months time and I want to upgrade to Windows 10 to prevent my laptop to become more vulnerable to...