Windows 10: How do I format a disc in Drive D:?

Discus and support How do I format a disc in Drive D:? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I format my disc in Drive D?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AliciaBrandt, Jan 31, 2019.

1. How do I format a disc in Drive D:?

How do I format my disc in Drive D?

:)

AliciaBrandt, Jan 31, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Windows can't read the disc in drive D:\

Hi, wondering if someone could give me some help here please.

I still have the same problem.

I have run the hardware troubleshooter and then uninstalled the software and installed/downloaded the updated software from Pioneer as suggested above.

Then message still comes up when I click on the D drive I still get the notice below.

Windows can't read the Disc in Drive D:\

Make sure the disc uses a format that Windows recognises. If the disk is unformatted you need to format it before using it.

I can't get passed this point. Where do I go to format the disc so that Windows can read it if I can't get passed this point.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

somefinfishy, Jan 31, 2019
  4. claireHHD Win User

How do I format a disc in Drive D:?

Windows can't read the disc in drive D:\

Hi

i have an Advent 9215 laptop and upgraded to Windows 10 after much consideration as to the pros and cons.

i can now no longer burn my photos to a CD.

i want to free up space and as well as having photos on my external hard drive ant them on CD as well.

when I insert a CD or indeed DVD the following message pops up

Windows can't read the Disc in Drive D:\

Make sure the disc uses a format that Windows recognises. If the disk is unformatted you need to format it before using it

I am using exactly the same discs I used when the laptop ran on Vista and Windows 7 and never had this problem

i am not very computer technical so step by step guidance would be really appreciated

claireHHD, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

How do I format a disc in Drive D:?

1. How do I format a disc in Drive D:? - Similar Threads - format disc Drive

2. How do I activatr Drive D?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I activatr Drive D?: How do I activate Drive D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activatr-drive-d/fd7daddf-fa7c-493c-a00c-b2d4d9356e08
  3. why do I need to format a disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I need to format a disc?: I want to upload a 3d print to a flash drive but it says that I need to format a disc when I do it says windows could not format this. Why does this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-format-a-disc/e440e624-b50a-401b-860f-ef7d03ed60f5
  4. why do I need to format a disc?

why do I need to format a disc?: I want to upload a 3d print to a flash drive but it says that I need to format a disc when I do it says windows could not format this. Why does this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-format-a-disc/e440e624-b50a-401b-860f-ef7d03ed60f5
  5. How do you format a disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you format a disc?: how do you format a disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-format-a-disc/944bc8e8-bdcf-4816-a031-f818b2affeff
  6. How do you format a disc?

How do you format a disc?: how do you format a disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-format-a-disc/944bc8e8-bdcf-4816-a031-f818b2affeff
  7. How do you format a disc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Format D: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Format D: drive: Hi, I have two disks, C and D. I just did a factory reset on C. C is now like new, but D: is still full of data and software installations (that now does not work anymore). Is it safe to format D: through the disk management tool?...
  9. Formatting privileges on drive D:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting privileges on drive D:: When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges to delete, when i try to work in a file i can open it but it ask me create a copy to save my work . Any Idea? Sorry bad...
  10. Formatting privileges D: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Formatting privileges D: drive: When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges to delete, when i try to work in a file i can open it but it ask me create a copy to save my work . Any Idea? Sorry bad...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive d cantread unformated disc