Windows 10: How do I format partition C?

Discus and support How do I format partition C? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please nice to tell me how I'm creating partition C where Windows is installed. Wait for response! A good day!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrianDragomir1, Oct 1, 2018.

1. How do I format partition C?

Hello,

Dear Sir / Madam, please nice to tell me how I'm creating partition C where Windows is installed. Wait for response! A good day!

:)

AdrianDragomir1, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 1, 2018
  3. DeNeDe Win User
    HDD partitions format

Used a tool from the list and it worked..
    Install won't start if windows can't recognize the partitions.

DeNeDe, Oct 1, 2018
  4. How do I format partition C?

Resize partition C

In order to extend C and recover space from D, you will need to delete the 866 MB Healthy Recovery Partition and the Storage D:\ partitions.

There appears to be data on the D:\ partition.

I recommend you backup any important data on that partition before deleting it. After deleting the partitions, you will be able to extend C:\

Steps:

Right click the ‘Healthy (Recovery Paritition) and the
    Storage (DHow do I format partition C? :)
    partitions in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition
    (CHow do I format partition C? :). Right click the System volume then click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

How do I format partition C?

1. How do I format partition C? - Similar Threads - format partition

2. Can I still partition and format my internal and external drives if my BIOS storage...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I still partition and format my internal and external drives if my BIOS storage...: Can I still partition and format my internal and external drives if my BIOS storage settings are set to AHCI instead of RAID?The question is for Windows 10 and 11I am using a laptop.In the past, I have had drives where I could partition it using the Windows built in disk...
  3. Can I still partition and format my internal and external drives if my BIOS storage...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I still partition and format my internal and external drives if my BIOS storage...: Can I still partition and format my internal and external drives if my BIOS storage settings are set to AHCI instead of RAID?The question is for Windows 10 and 11I am using a laptop.In the past, I have had drives where I could partition it using the Windows built in disk...
  4. Can I still partition and format my internal and external drives if my BIOS storage...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 'Windows could not format a partition' when installing

'Windows could not format a partition' when installing: I corrupted my main partition so I'm reinstalling Windows 7 from an ISO burned to a flash drive in Rufus. I clicked 'Custom' then the main partition, and saw 'Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing a partition selected for...
  6. 'Windows could not format a partition' when installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Windows could not format a partition' when installing: I corrupted my main partition so I'm reinstalling Windows 7 from an ISO burned to a flash drive in Rufus. I clicked 'Custom' then the main partition, and saw 'Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing a partition selected for...
  7. why can't format partitions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't format partitions?: I am in the middle of reinstalling windows with media tool on usb. There's the question where do you want to install windows, I cna choose my ssd that's OK, but I want to clear and format my hdd but doesn't let me do it....
  8. why can't format partitions?

why can't format partitions?: I am in the middle of reinstalling windows with media tool on usb. There's the question where do you want to install windows, I cna choose my ssd that's OK, but I want to clear and format my hdd but doesn't let me do it....
  9. Accidentally formatted EFI partition. Windows can't find disks in DISKPART, running dual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally formatted EFI partition. Windows can't find disks in DISKPART, running dual...: Hey everyone! I accidentally formatted my EFI partition and I need help restoring the windows boot manager. I'm currently dual booting arch & windows using systemd-boot I've followed this guide...
  10. Accidentally formatted EFI partition. Windows can't find disks in DISKPART, running dual...

Accidentally formatted EFI partition. Windows can't find disks in DISKPART, running dual...: Hey everyone! I accidentally formatted my EFI partition and I need help restoring the windows boot manager. I'm currently dual booting arch & windows using systemd-boot I've followed this guide...