Windows 10: how do i formatt a DVD disc

Discus and support how do i formatt a DVD disc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do I format a DVD disc to burn a photo album... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windypane, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Windypane Win User

how do i formatt a DVD disc

how do I format a DVD disc to burn a photo album

:)

Windypane, Nov 29, 2018
  2. LeonJutz Win User

CD/DVD not seeing disc

Thanks for the effort is helping to correct my problem.

Device manager say: Hardware is functioning properly.

Drivers says they are up to date.

In computer link says nothing is in CD/DVD, Asking to open and it says Put disc in when it is there... I don't hear or feel CD/DVD getting to speed. I tried all 3 steps suggested with no results, or changes.

LeonJutz, Nov 29, 2018
  3. format/backup CD/DVD discs

Hi Patricia,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you facing this issue with the particular DVD or others also?
    I suggest you to refer to the below given methods and check if issue is resolved.

Method: 1

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method: 2

Check if the DVD drive is getting detected in Disk Management

Refer the steps below to open disc management:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Disk Management.
    • Click on Actions and click on
      rescan disks
      and click on Refresh and check if issue persists.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 29, 2018
  4. how do i formatt a DVD disc

Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

how do i formatt a DVD disc

1. how do i formatt a DVD disc - Similar Threads - formatt DVD disc

2. How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?: When I inserted a blank CD to my pc I was presented two options, using it as DVD or as USB device, I choosed USB wrongly as I intended to use it as DVD, is there a way to alternate between both options?...
  3. How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?: When I inserted a blank CD to my pc I was presented two options, using it as DVD or as USB device, I choosed USB wrongly as I intended to use it as DVD, is there a way to alternate between both options?...
  4. How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD RAM discs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD RAM discs: Hi, ;Does anyone know how to get windows to recognize DVD RAM discs. My dvd drive is HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM-GUE1,my computer ASUS A540L,with latest windows version. Windows shows invalid directory.; I know there is data on it but windows shows empty folder and will not play.; Any...
  6. how to erase a DVD + rw disc

how to erase a DVD + rw disc: I would like to create a new copy of my previous system repair disc. However, this requires me to erase the disc. Before, this option was available by "right-clicking" the DVD disc in “This PC” & selecting "erase". Now, there is not any option to "erase" the DVD+RW floppy...
  7. how do I formatt KESU External Hard Disk to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I formatt KESU External Hard Disk to my Laptop: How Do I Format KESU External Hard Disk to my Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-formatt-kesu-external-hard-disk-to-my/a8f958fc-25fd-449f-9e41-e1a99a43500a"
  8. How Can I Delete the Files in the DVD+RW Disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Delete the Files in the DVD+RW Disc: I cannot delete the files in the DVD+RW disc. Any help? 127188
  9. HOW DO YOU BURN DVD VIDEOS TO A DISC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW DO YOU BURN DVD VIDEOS TO A DISC: HOW CAN I DUMP THIS TROUBLESOME WINDOWS 10 AND GO BACK TO wINDOWS 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-you-burn-dvd-videos-to-a-disc/d3351572-93d1-4ed9-b7b5-422933854019
  10. How do I burn a dvd-rw disc?

How do I burn a dvd-rw disc?: How do I burn a dvd-rw disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/burning/e319bda1-2d94-4205-85ec-2d709c97a02b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. formatt disc

2. formatt dvd