Windows 10: How do I fully disable Workgroups (Not Homegroups)

Discus and support How do I fully disable Workgroups (Not Homegroups) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know how to disable Workgroups as much as possible as I find them annoying and I do not need the feature at all. I have already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cuddlecreeper8, Oct 3, 2019.

1. How do I fully disable Workgroups (Not Homegroups)

Hi, I would like to know how to disable Workgroups as much as possible as I find them annoying and I do not need the feature at all.
    I have already searched the internet for answers but I only find ways to disable Homegroups which I want to disable Workgroups and not Homegroups

:)

Cuddlecreeper8, Oct 3, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 HOMEGROUPS AND WORKGROUPS

Many thanks for the suggestion. Sadly it doesn't work. I followed the steps exactly for the main PC and was able to create the new home group at Step 5. Then on Step 6 I turned on the laptop and was offered the opportunity to join the homegroup which I
    did. This then threw out the PC which told me there was nother homegroup on the net and asked me to put in its password. When I did this it told me that I couldn't create another homegroup on the PC. Also, in File Explorer, no computer was visible in the
    Homegroup icon. Similarly, when I try to log on to the homegroup via the laptop I get the same message. It seems as though the 2 computers are 'playing tennis' and each trying to convince the other that they are the prime location for the homegroup. Suggests
    to me that there are remnants of previous homegroups somewhere, but where?

Again, thanks. All suggestions welcome.

oldloggie1, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Switch from Homegroup to Workgroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      System.

• Click on Advanced System settings.

• Under Computer Name tab click on
      change.

• Under “Member Of” change the Workgroup name

• Then click on OK, then when prompted
      reboot your device.

And also refer the article given below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/join-or-create-a-workgroup

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 3, 2019
  4. How do I fully disable Workgroups (Not Homegroups)

HOMEGROUP

Hi Jed,

If your network contains computers running different versions of Windows, put all computers in the same workgroup

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the HomeGroup troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on HomeGroup troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

How do I fully disable Workgroups (Not Homegroups)

1. How do I fully disable Workgroups (Not Homegroups) - Similar Threads - fully disable Workgroups

2. How to fully disable Autocorrect in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fully disable Autocorrect in Windows?: Hello!Is there a way to fully disable Autocorrect and/or predictive text in Windows 10?I've tried disabling all the settings under Settings > Devices > Typing, but Windows will still apply some autocorrect / predictive typing.Also tried enabling the "Turn off autocorrect...
  3. How To Disable Updates Fully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Disable Updates Fully: I would like to know how I can disable all updates associated with Windows on my computer.I am using Windows 10 and have been for years now, but Windows is bypassing all of my PC's settings to update without my authorization. All my updates are suppose to be manually...
  4. How To Disable Updates Fully

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Disable Updates Fully: I would like to know how I can disable all updates associated with Windows on my computer.I am using Windows 10 and have been for years now, but Windows is bypassing all of my PC's settings to update without my authorization. All my updates are suppose to be manually...
  5. How To Disable Updates Fully

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I connect to an existing homegroup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I connect to an existing homegroup?: Moved from Windows 7 to a new Windows 10 laptop, but can't work out how to connect to our homegroup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-to-an-existing-homegroup/95abee85-b3be-46d8-8fe6-591e378edb64
  7. Workgroup/homegroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Workgroup/homegroup: I have a laptop here that's in a "workgroup" I can not activate my upgrade of windows 10, how do I remove workgroup???? any article I find really SEEMS TO DETAILED, FOR MY LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE! FEEL ME? help?...
  8. Homegroup vs Workgroup

Homegroup vs Workgroup: Last year I did some testing with three computers linked through a Switch and Ethernet CAT6 cables. I didn't have much luck with Homegroups and was constantly asked to return to a Home Network and kept getting cut off. I managed to connect three computers through Workgroup...
  9. Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7

Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7: I am trying to network two computers. One has Windows 7 and one, Windows 10. Apparently, Microsoft recently removed Homegroup from Windows 10. Any ideas on how to do this? A simple peer to peer network is all I seek. A temporary solution until our cloud server is up and...
  10. Do I need a "workgroup", a "domain", a "homegroup" or what?

Do I need a "workgroup", a "domain", a "homegroup" or what?: Hello - I have two Windows 10 Pro (x64) PCs in a home/small office environment. - They are on the same Ethernet network. i.e. They are connected to a Negear N600 Wireless Modem Router. - There is a printer on the same network that I want both PCs to be able to use...