Windows 10: How do I gain access to my laptop

Discus and support How do I gain access to my laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an HP touchscreen laptop less than 6 months old with Windows 10 preloaded. When I turn it on, the picture comes up. However, no matter what I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lin337, Dec 18, 2020.

1. lin337 Win User

How do I gain access to my laptop

I have an HP touchscreen laptop less than 6 months old with Windows 10 preloaded. When I turn it on, the picture comes up. However, no matter what I do, the Pin log-in area will not come up so I can enter my pin. Win10 was preloaded so I do not have a disk or even a rescue disk.

:)

lin337, Dec 18, 2020

2. Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! How do I gain access to my laptop :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Cannot gain access in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• What do you mean by “cannot gain access”?

• Are you able to boot in to login page?

• What is the status when you enter the password?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

As a work around, if you are using Microsoft Account, I suggest you to connect with internet and check if it helps.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Bruce SX Win User

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

To tell the truth, I must profess ignorance

When all this started I went through the following steps:.
    1) Turn on the laptop picture of a fjord appears.
    2) A left click on the screen causes the user name to appears with the password box under it.
    3) Anything(or nothing) typed into the password box, with a tap to the enter key then brings the command to try again.

See, I can't seem to get anywhere except I somehow(during my efforts to try variations of the password hint) ended up getting a screen that was related(I think) to BIOS.
    That allowed me to go through some settings(administrative?) and choose a password. I chose to do that.
    Aha I thought.
    All that did was give me a log in command box(for which I created a password) .
    So now, instead of the 3 steps above I have to log in to get to the 3 steps above. A step I didn't have to do before.

What I'm trying to say is this(after all my fumbling about): that I still do not know the difference between a local user account or an MS account-linked user account.

All i know, at this point, is that I am stuck at step 3 and really am not sure what to do except maybe have my fiend reach out to ASUS.

I made a mistake in my first post. I do not have the OS disc. I have the ASUS DVD suite. I mistakenly assumed it was an OS disc. I talked to my friend and was told that her laptop came preloaded with Win10.

DVD suite listings
    -Power 2go8
    -E-Green
    -ASUS Firmware Update
    -Quick Install Guide

Thanks for your reply sir. I do appreciate it.

Regards,
    Bruce

Bruce SX, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I gain access to my laptop - Similar Threads - gain access laptop

2. How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?: I have forgotten the password for my laptop. A challenge phrase is asked on each attempt at the password. I have attempted to reset the laptop but it will not do it. Any help greatly appreciated! It's a new laptop with no files/work on the laptop...
  3. How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?: I have forgotten the password for my laptop. A challenge phrase is asked on each attempt at the password. I have attempted to reset the laptop but it will not do it. Any help greatly appreciated! It's a new laptop with no files/work on the laptop...
  4. How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I gain access to the laptop when the only administrator account has disappeared and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gain access to the laptop when the only administrator account has disappeared and...: Hi, My son's laptop has only 2 accounts on it - his, being the administrator and my own. I tried to login to mine, however, whenever I put my pin in an error code comes up stating "The Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in. Access is denied." I click OK and it takes...
  6. How do I gain access to the laptop when the only administrator account has disappeared and...

How do I gain access to the laptop when the only administrator account has disappeared and...: Hi, My son's laptop has only 2 accounts on it - his, being the administrator and my own. I tried to login to mine, however, whenever I put my pin in an error code comes up stating "The Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in. Access is denied." I click OK and it takes...
  7. How do I gain access to the laptop when the only administrator account has disappeared and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  9. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  10. FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop: Hi, I reset a password for my friend. My friend didn't write it down and neither did I. It has been a coup[le of years. Model The password involves the start page. Laptop works fine. It is an Asus, Model X55M1, with Win10 installed. I have the original disc that came with...