Windows 10: How do i gain authentication to disable lock on sleep.

Discus and support How do i gain authentication to disable lock on sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently got my PC fixed and as per normal. Window has to be resetted as well, however it doesn't allow me to disable the setting for lock on sleep.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Shane Eu, Apr 8, 2023.

1. Shane Eu Win User

How do i gain authentication to disable lock on sleep.

Recently got my PC fixed and as per normal. Window has to be resetted as well, however it doesn't allow me to disable the setting for lock on sleep. I've used the CMD commandpowercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0but that seems to only be temporary.If there is a way to bypass these stupid conditions i would greatly appreciate help as i'm on a home desktop and i find it very frustrating and annoying to have to log in every time i come back to my desk.

:)

Shane Eu, Apr 8, 2023

2. how to disable automatic lock ?

Hi Yunior,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 8, 2023
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Apr 8, 2023
  4. SandyW360 Win User

Windows 10 Sleep/Lock Problem

This advice did not work for me.

Some one wrote this.... just upgraded to Windows 10 and my monitor will not come back from Sleep or Lock Mode without turning off the computer and rebooting.

I am and I am having the same problem with not coming back from sleep mode. If I press the on off button the monitor will come back on
    but everything is locked up and then I have to turn it off on the tower. And then turn it back on. What I have found to work is turning the power options to never turn off or sleep and then just turn off the
    monitor during the day and then just shut it off at night.

SandyW360, Apr 8, 2023
Thema:

1. How do i gain authentication to disable lock on sleep. - Similar Threads - gain authentication disable

2. How do I gain admin privileges to Minecraft?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I gain admin privileges to Minecraft?: So I recently downloaded Minecraft and the Installer didn't have an option to choose where it would download and it went into my C: storage, I wanted it to go to my D: storage so I tried just dragging it there in the file explorer but it gave me the prompt that I didn't have...
  3. How do I disabled the caps locks notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disabled the caps locks notification?: I have been using computers for about 15 years now and have needed a notification to pop up on my screen to inform me that the caps lock has been turned on or off. After all, they do have a light on your keyboard for that and I already know when it's active because I pushed...
  4. How do I disabled the caps locks notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disabled the caps locks notification?: I have been using computers for about 15 years now and have needed a notification to pop up on my screen to inform me that the caps lock has been turned on or off. After all, they do have a light on your keyboard for that and I already know when it's active because I pushed...
  5. How do I disabled the caps locks notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do i gain authentication to disable lock on sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i gain authentication to disable lock on sleep.: Recently got my PC fixed and as per normal. Window has to be resetted as well, however it doesn't allow me to disable the setting for lock on sleep. I've used the CMD commandpowercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0but that seems to only be temporary.If...
  7. How do i gain authentication to disable lock on sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i gain authentication to disable lock on sleep.: Recently got my PC fixed and as per normal. Window has to be resetted as well, however it doesn't allow me to disable the setting for lock on sleep. I've used the CMD commandpowercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0but that seems to only be temporary.If...
  8. How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator?

How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator?: How do I turn off the Caps Lock indicator that keeps popping up near the top left corner of my screen? This has never popped up before until today. I was trying to click a series of keys on the left side of my keyboard which may have triggered this because I noticed the...
  9. how do i disable lock screen

how do i disable lock screen: I have tried every avenue to disable the lock screen. I have a program that has to monitor my computer at all times. When I am away from this computer for a time, the lock screen pops up and kicks the program that is monitoring me off. I do not have the personalization...
  10. How do I disable the lock screen?

How do I disable the lock screen?: How do I disable the lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-disable-the-lock-screen/047e1756-4de0-4eb3-b583-328622e93448