Windows 10: How do I gain full control over WindowsApps folder?

Discus and support How do I gain full control over WindowsApps folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to install mods in my kingdom come copy, but I cant as it throws error 0x8000FFFF, hence not allowing my to do shit. I need to create folders,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iiTheBeast, Nov 25, 2019.

1. How do I gain full control over WindowsApps folder?

I want to install mods in my kingdom come copy, but I cant as it throws error 0x8000FFFF, hence not allowing my to do shit. I need to create folders, replace files and stuff. I could copy the files, but achievements are somewhat more important

submitted by /u/iiTheBeast
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iiTheBeast, Nov 25, 2019

2. How to gain access to WindowsApps folder not in C?

Hello guys. I followed this guide to gain access for WindowsApps folder, and it worked.
    Now, I changed default drive for WindowsApps, to install Gears of War and Quantum Break(in future) in a larger drive. But the method to gain access to the WindowsApps folder, seem to not work if the drive isn't C, the default one.

Siegfriedm, Nov 25, 2019
  3. WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

Hi,

I've noticed, thanks to SpaceSniffer, that the Windowsapps folder is huge (2,4 Gb). That sounds strange since I don't have that lot of apps running.

I've gained access to the WApps folder taking ownership and there are a lot of old/unused/unknown folders referring to long time gone apps (2 Candy crush folders for 200Mb each??). I've managed to delete one of them (gaining full control) but for the rest
    of the stuff it doesn't seem to be quite easy getting rid of them (I'm stuck with no full control permissions).

I've tried "Get-AppxPackage -allusers PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage" command and "dism /online /Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackageNameHow do I gain full control over WindowsApps folder? :packageFullName" command in a powershell elevated perm window, both with no luck.

I'm considering to use brute force (from a bootable linux stick) and get rid of the most heavy packages:

Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2018.18081.14710.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.Office.OneNote_16001.10827.20178.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.Office.OneNote_16001.10827.20152.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.SkypeApp_12.1815.210.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c

Microsoft.MSPaint_5.1809.1017.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.ZuneVideo_10.18082.10311.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.18091.10321.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.XboxApp_44.44.7002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_17.10314.31700.1000_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.BingFinance_4.26.12334.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.BingSports_4.25.11802.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

but to be sure to have win10 boot again I'm asking if there's any problem considering:

- Inside C:\Program Files\WindowsApps the are 239 folders

- if I run "Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName" it returns a list of more or less 90 packages

- if I run "dism /online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages" it returns a list of 20 packages

- NONE of the packages I'm planning to delete are found by the commands above (they are present only in the winapps folder)

I'm working on a win10 installation than comes with no formatting from 8.1 (I've got the idea that this stuff has been layered by the windows releases)

Any suggestion is very appreciated.

DavideMontarsolo, Nov 25, 2019
  4. How do I gain full control over WindowsApps folder?

WindowsApps Folder

Hey, how are you doing.

I've got a problem, I had a file of passwords compressed in RAR format that I was hiding under WindowsApps folder. And then one day I was unable to access that folder. It was something along the lines. They are corrupted / This user doesn't have the access
    to these files anymore.

So I was fidling around under the "Advanced Security Settings for Windows Apps" to gain the full control again.

And also clicked : Replace owner on subconteiners and objects.

And now I can open the the WindowsApps folder, but it just shows as empty.

Please Help.

MikeMaroni1, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

How do I gain full control over WindowsApps folder?

1. How do I gain full control over WindowsApps folder? - Similar Threads - gain full control

2. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  3. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  4. How to gain full control of used Win 10 laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to gain full control of used Win 10 laptop: I bought my wife a new laptop. I took her old one. HP PAV X360 15-CR0010NR Intel® 8th Gen i5-8250U Windows 10.0.18362 I removed her account and made me the new admin. I was looking around and noticed that windows update was disabled. I went into services and tried to...
  5. How to gain control

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to gain control: Number one, I strongly suspect that Windows 10 FORCES me to take updates, and I strongly suspect that this is either the root cause or contributing factor in recent crash and lockup to inescapable Preparing Automatic Repair" hanging screen. Can't tell you version or build...
  6. How do I hide the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I hide the WindowsApps folder?: I know that the WindowsApps folder is for the apps I installed from the windows store but I moved it into my D:/ drive instead of the C:/ drive. It's just kind of cluttering up space and I want to hide it since I won't open it anyway. Whenever I try to do Properties > Hide,...
  7. How to gain access to WindowsApps folder not in C?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to gain access to WindowsApps folder not in C?: Hello guys. I followed this guide to gain access for WindowsApps folder, and it worked. Now, I changed default drive for WindowsApps, to install Gears of War and Quantum Break(in future) in a larger drive. But the method to gain access to the WindowsApps folder, seem to not...
  8. How to gain full control over the system32 folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to gain full control over the system32 folder?: HelloMy computer's username is Steve and the PC's name is Steve-PC.I wish to have control over my system32 folder and all its subfolders and files, so I go to Windows | System32 | Properties | Security tab and see this: [img] and I click on the Advanced button and get...
  9. How do I gain absolute control over WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I gain absolute control over WindowsApps folder?: Hi everyone, I play a game available on the Windows 10 app store called World of Tanks Blitz and many of the community members create customized camouflage patterns that you can apply to your tank. The game has its own camouflage patterns, but the more tech-savvy folks in...
  10. How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?: I already googled it and every tutorial is the same. When I go to do it, it doesn't work. I don't have a Microsoft account. I specified a local account user name. This is what I'm selecting as owner. The computer is not transferring access to the user im selecting. I want...