Windows 10: How do I get 32-bit drivers for an old PC?

Discus and support How do I get 32-bit drivers for an old PC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My brother uses the 2nd PC I have in my profile. It's on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit. He wants to have Windows 10 on it. Considering it has 3GB of RAM, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RK1997, Jan 27, 2020.

1. RK1997 Win User

How do I get 32-bit drivers for an old PC?

My brother uses the 2nd PC I have in my profile. It's on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit. He wants to have Windows 10 on it. Considering it has 3GB of RAM, I want to install 32-bit variant of Windows 10 in it. I know the key will work for 32-bit. Where can I get the drivers from considering the BIOS wasn't flashed properly by the service centre and model name being Reserved doesn't allow OEM stuffs to get installed? I never installed 32-bit OS anywhere before.

:)

RK1997, Jan 27, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

32 bit drivers for my Dell inspiron 15R

AMD lists 54xx series mobility drivers for Windows 7 32-bit. XP is no longer supported.

erocker, Jan 27, 2020
  3. AMD Preparing to Drop 32-bit Support for Radeon Drivers?

Good on AMD. Another small step towards slaying the 32-bit dragon.

Assimilator, Jan 27, 2020
  4. How do I get 32-bit drivers for an old PC?

How to upgrade Windows10 from 32 bit to 64bit?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

You may also update the touchpad driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Touchpad Driver” or “Synaptic Touchpad Driver”.
    • Right click on the drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the touchpad or Synaptic Touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    To migrate from 32 bit OS to 64 bit; if you have max 3 GBs of RAM, then 32 bit should be sufficient for your needs. If you happen to have 4 to 8 GBs or more RAM, then 64 bit would be suitable.
    As for compatibility, you will need 64 bit device drivers for any hardware devices you might have.

For more information, I suggest you to refer to the below given Wiki article by Andre Da Costa and check if it helps:

How to migrate to Windows 10 64 bit from 32 bit versions of Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

How do I get 32-bit drivers for an old PC?

1. How do I get 32-bit drivers for an old PC? - Similar Threads - bit drivers old

2. How do you run 64-bit programs on 32-bit PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you run 64-bit programs on 32-bit PC?: I have a 32 bit PC and I'm trying to install many 64-Bit programs, They just say 'This app is not compatible with your device.'. Is there a way to install it without a VM app or checking microsoft store? I'm okay with upgrading, but i don't know which partition should i...
  3. How do you run 64-bit programs on 32-bit PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you run 64-bit programs on 32-bit PC?: I have a 32 bit PC and I'm trying to install many 64-Bit programs, They just say 'This app is not compatible with your device.'. Is there a way to install it without a VM app or checking microsoft store? I'm okay with upgrading, but i don't know which partition should i...
  4. How do you run 64-bit programs on 32-bit PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I emulate 32-bit drivers installation and 32-bit software in 64-bit Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I emulate 32-bit drivers installation and 32-bit software in 64-bit Windows?: Hello,I am struggling with installing old hardware, which is mainly 32-bit. It is MIDI-keyboard Creative Prodikeys and HP LaserJet 1018 printer.The drivers were made for 32-bit windows-es, and no 64-bit versions ever were released. So, i am forced to use old Windows - 32-bit...
  6. 32 bit for old Notebook?

in Windows 10 Support
    32 bit for old Notebook?: i did a fresh install of W10 21H1 (build 19043.928) on a Satellite C45-ASP4310FL and the system gets frozen or hangs up while working and i dont know what causes it, i ran Memory and HDD tests and they seem ok. Is 32 bit W10 version more suitable for this computer? I will...
  7. Upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit and will old 32 bit programs work

Upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit and will old 32 bit programs work: I have Windows 10 Pro 32 bit in my PC right now. I have the needed specifications needed to upgrade to 64 bit. Can I upgrade to 64 bit and can I still use my old programs like Photoshop and Illustrator? I'm an Inker for comics and trying to upgrade my studio....
  8. HOw do I change window 32 bit to 64 bit?

HOw do I change window 32 bit to 64 bit?: HOw do I change window 32 bit to 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-window-32-bit-to-64-bit/e7163e22-e272-4f03-a81f-04e92f996d5f
  9. Old 32 bit game discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old 32 bit game discs: I have been searching for months for a solution to run my old 32-bit game discs or Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. My old Scrabble disc still downloads and runs in my Windows 10. I don't know more than a get by knowledge of computers. Is it possible for microsoft to...
  10. Only 32 bit for the virtual environment. How do I get 64 bits?

Only 32 bit for the virtual environment. How do I get 64 bits?: I am trying to set up a Linux version inside the Virtual Box. However, only 32 bit installations are shown to me as a possibility. I used Windows 10 as operating system (64Bit). Hyper V is not installed! Nur 32 Bit für die Virtuelle Umgebung. Wie bekomme ich 64 Bit?