Windows 10: How do I get a brightness bar on my PC?

Discus and support How do I get a brightness bar on my PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a desktop running the latest version of Windows 10. I'm connected to monitor by VGA, and I can only change the brightness by going through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/poke000, Jan 30, 2021.

1. How do I get a brightness bar on my PC?

I have a desktop running the latest version of Windows 10. I'm connected to monitor by VGA, and I can only change the brightness by going through the monitor menu which is a hassle. Shouldn't there be a slider in the action center?

I tried googling this and the solution was to go to monitor driver details and click enable. I checked but the monitor is already enabled.

submitted by /u/poke000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/poke000, Jan 30, 2021

2. Brightness resets after reboot

Hi Marc,

In addition to the troubleshooting step that you have already done, we suggest that you try disabling the adaptive brightness from your PC. Follow the steps below and see if it resolves the issue:

• From the Search bar, type Power Options.
    • Click Power Options from the result. Under Preferred plans, click
      Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings and select Enable adaptive brightness to turn it
      ON or OFF.
    After saving the changes, restart your PC and check if issue still occurs.

Let us know how it went.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 30, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jan 30, 2021
  4. How do I get a brightness bar on my PC?

Display brightness after Creators Update

In addition to the troubleshooting steps that you have performed, we recommend that you disable the adaptive brightness of your PC. Here are the steps:

• Type Power Options in the Search bar.
    • Select Power Options, click Change plan settings under
      Preferred plans.
    • Click Change advanced power settings and choose Enable adaptive brightness to turn it
      ON or OFF.

Once done, restart your PC and check if the issue still persists.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

How do I get a brightness bar on my PC?

1. How do I get a brightness bar on my PC? - Similar Threads - brightness bar

2. How to make the bar brightness appear?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make the bar brightness appear?: Hi. My brightness bar isnt showing. The brightness is at the max level and it really hurts my eyes. I have watch too many tutorial video on youtube about how to fix that but none worked. Can help?...
  3. How to make the bar brightness appear?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make the bar brightness appear?: Hi. My brightness bar isnt showing. The brightness is at the max level and it really hurts my eyes. I have watch too many tutorial video on youtube about how to fix that but none worked. Can help?...
  4. How to make the bar brightness appear?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 11 brightness and sound bar still showing windows 10 version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 brightness and sound bar still showing windows 10 version.: so the windows 10 version of sound and brightness bar is at the top left, windwos is 11 is suppose to be at the bottom middle of screen. please help me fixscreenshot shwoing windwos 10 soundbar on widnwos 11 laptop...
  6. windows 11 brightness and sound bar still showing windows 10 version.

windows 11 brightness and sound bar still showing windows 10 version.: so the windows 10 version of sound and brightness bar is at the top left, windwos is 11 is suppose to be at the bottom middle of screen. please help me fixscreenshot shwoing windwos 10 soundbar on widnwos 11 laptop...
  7. Brightness bar/slide keeps appear on the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness bar/slide keeps appear on the screen: Hello, I've recently encountered a problem, the brightness bar/slide keeps appearing on the screen for no reason, it keeps popping up and I cant seem to lower the brightness, it keeps increasing it automatically. I've checked the display setting there is nothing wrong with...
  8. Brightness bar/slide keeps appear on the screen

Brightness bar/slide keeps appear on the screen: Hello, I've recently encountered a problem, the brightness bar/slide keeps appearing on the screen for no reason, it keeps popping up and I cant seem to lower the brightness, it keeps increasing it automatically. I've checked the display setting there is nothing wrong with...
  9. Brightness bar is missing from my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness bar is missing from my PC: Heyi cannot change the brightness of my computer.I tried updating the drivers.Enable/disbaled the drivereven uninstalled and reinstalled them. can someone please help...
  10. Brightness bar is missing from my PC

Brightness bar is missing from my PC: Heyi cannot change the brightness of my computer.I tried updating the drivers.Enable/disbaled the drivereven uninstalled and reinstalled them. can someone please help...