Windows 10: How do I get a code for personal vault

Discus and support How do I get a code for personal vault in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Ver.1909 64bit.In my OneDrive folder there is a section calles "Personal Vault".I have some screen shots which have been put there but I`m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrysutt, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Terrysutt Win User

How do I get a code for personal vault

Windows 10 Ver.1909 64bit.In my OneDrive folder there is a section calles "Personal Vault".I have some screen shots which have been put there but I`m being asked for a CODE to open it.Where and how do I get the code from?

:)

Terrysutt, Feb 5, 2020

2. Personal Vault

Hi AirGumby1944,

My name is Marc, thanks for participating in the Microsoft Community, I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

You can try the following, these indications solved the problem with this same error code 0x8031b003 to other users.

1.- Move all the data in the personal vault to a new folder. In OneDrive online with the browser of your choice.

2. In OneDrive online, you deactivate the personal vault >> Personal vault settings >> Menu >> Personal vault options. Two warnings appear.

3. In the Explorer, you remove all the remains of the personal vault. There must be a link in the personal vault and a personal vault folder that stopped working.

4. Finally, you enable the personal vault, online in the browser.

When you open the personal vault locally, all data must be there.

Let me know if you have something else that I can help you with, I'd be happy to help.

Have a nice day

Regards,

Marc M.

MarcMorelli56, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Personal Vault

Can't unlock personal vault with codes? Error Code: 0x8031b003

AirGumby1944, Feb 5, 2020
  4. How do I get a code for personal vault

Personal Vault Will Not Unlock

I received the following error: "Something went wrong with your Personal Vault" and goes on to say "Your personal vault is locked. To access your personal vault please unlock it again." The related code is 0x80316003. I recently installed the Windows 10
    home build 1903 a few days ago and enabled the personal vault feature the same day.

Note, I can access Personal Vault via the browser interface but NOT via file explorer.

Mudcatgrant309, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

How do I get a code for personal vault

1. How do I get a code for personal vault - Similar Threads - code personal vault

2. Personal vault not asking for code to authenticate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal vault not asking for code to authenticate: I have recently set up personal vault on Onedrive to store sensitive files. I understood that this would require 2FA. However, when I access personal vault through one drive on my PC, I am only required to enter the Windows Hello PIN. There is no OTP required. This means it...
  3. Personal vault not asking for code to authenticate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal vault not asking for code to authenticate: I have recently set up personal vault on Onedrive to store sensitive files. I understood that this would require 2FA. However, when I access personal vault through one drive on my PC, I am only required to enter the Windows Hello PIN. There is no OTP required. This means it...
  4. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personal Vault: Hello I created my personal vault not realizing how much of a pain in the neck it would be, how do i undo that without losing all my data. I see my onedrive PV in a separate folder can I just delete that without losing everything that was put into it. Thanks hoejef...
  5. error code 0xc03a001a personal vault

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0xc03a001a personal vault: Hi, I am able to unlock vault form online but not from window explorer. I confirm my number and email but nothing work. I got error error code 0xc03a001a .Is there any way to unlock it?? :...
  6. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal Vault: Can't unlock personal vault with codes? Error Code: 0x8031b003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-vault/3cb2d537-9780-4375-aa23-70be9768e568"
  7. Personal Vault - How to change verification from code to PIN ?

Personal Vault - How to change verification from code to PIN ?: Currently I am using a code sent to me by mail to unlock the Personal Vault. In fact, I need to unlock it twice. 1st: r-click on OneDrive icon in the taskbar and select Unlock Personal Vault code is being sent 2nd: r-click on OneDrive icon in the taskbar, select view...
  8. Personal vault - We couldn't unlock your personal vault Error code 0x80070015

Personal vault - We couldn't unlock your personal vault Error code 0x80070015: On a desktop PC with a fresh installation of Windows 10 with all updates, personal vault works for a few days then I get this error. This has happened previously and is now happening again with a new motherboard/CPU. I can access my vault on my laptop (same version of windows...
  9. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Vault: I just got a new folder in onedrive, Personal vault, why I don't know. However who am I to say to the Gods of Microsoft what they must do.. Anyway as usual it is not working. See attached images. [img] [img] I did in fact close onedrive and reopened. Gort 141314
  10. Personal Vault

Personal Vault: I set up personal vault in one drive and everything works well except when you access your personal vault from your PC you don't get the option to close it when your done with the file. After I think about 20 minutes you'll get a notice asking you if you want to close your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I get a code for Personal Vault